Anderson Likes His Chances After Qualifying Eighth in Englishtown (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]Event: 41st annual United Association NHRA SuperNationals
Day/Date: Saturday, June 12, 2010

Summit Racing Pontiac driver Greg Anderson completed a solid qualifying effort on Saturday, claiming the eighth starting position for Sunday’s final eliminations of the United Association NHRA Nationals in Englishtown, NJ. Although the elevated temperatures and higher humidity at Old Bridge Township Raceway Park prevented him from bettering his 6.564-second best from Friday evening, the Mooresville, NC resident showed he would be ready for race day. During his final two attempts, he posted times that were not only within three-thousandths of a second but also among the best of the 23 drivers making an attempt. It was a performance that left him cautiously optimistic about his chances for scoring a fifth “E-town” win.

“My Summit Racing Pontiac was a lot better today than it was yesterday, running closer to the top of the pack,” said Anderson. “It might not be the baddest car yet, but it’s certainly within sniffing distance, making two representative runs that will allow me to go into race day with a chance of winning. In fact, I feel like I have a little better chance tomorrow than I’ve had in some time.

“The pieces of the puzzle are there - we just have to make sure we wake up on the right side of the bed tomorrow, so we can make all the right calls, putting all the round pegs in the round holes and the square pegs in the square ones, getting everything right so both our Summit Pontiacs run well.

“Tomorrow may come down to whichever driver does a better job on the starting line, so it all comes back into my court. I need to be confident that the car will be good allowing me to concentrate on doing my part behind the wheel. I’m going to hone up on the practice tree in the morning, because I think I will have a car capable of some rounds.”

Established in 1968, Summit Racing Equipment is the leading high performance parts and accessories company. Summit Racing offers the largest selection, lowest prices, and best customer service in the high performance industry via catalogs, Internet, and Retail Super Stores. The company is headquartered in Tallmadge, Ohio with retail locations in Tallmadge, Ohio; Sparks, Nevada; and McDonough, Georgia. For more information, please visit Summit Racing - High Performance Car and Truck Parts l 800-230-3030.

Attachments

• g_anderson07.jpg
    g_anderson07.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 4
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back