Amen to this article - No Provisionals in our sport! (1 Viewer)

NASCAR"S "Top 35 in Points" rule sucks. Many faster cars are left out because they aren't in the top 35 in season points. Stupid, isn't it? The fastest cars should get to race on race day.

I think the guy makes a point. Everyone who enters gets four runs in front of a packed house in our sport. Not so over there.
who cares what they do anyway.

lol...Dale Jarrett just used his 5th champions provisional to get in to the phoenix nascar race:D ...what's it been?- 8 races?

This is just another reason why I will probably never watch another NASCAR race again. It just is not very compelling to me anymore. I used to follow it in the eighties and nineties, but I haven't really followed much for the past seven years. Lame :(

lol...Dale Jarrett just used his 5th champions provisional to get in to the phoenix nascar race:D ...what's it been?- 8 races?

And . . . thankfully, he only has one left! After that, he will probably be watching the rest of the races with his team owner.
NASCAR continues to spew BS about "Diversity", while female and minority drivers make great progress in our sport. If NASCAR was sincere about diversity, the fastest 43 drivers at any race would be racing!

Great post, I agree the roundie round guys now are a bunch of whiners
anyway, if you read some of the articles they complain to much, this is a perfect time for NHRA to capitalize on some advertisements, they shold do some commercials to stir it up a little, for instance, NHRA real men qualify
their cars:D roundie rounders use stats to get in the big show, have some fuel cars going 330 mph and some cups cars rollin to the pits, fans & sponsors love good ole gesting and controversy:eek: this day and time people like going against the grain:rolleyes: i guess that's my downfall
i like dealing the suits some crap it keeps things alive. I'm an ole Earnhardt
fan he didn't care, he wanting to win races and the money and sponsors
came anyway so don't gimmie that political correctness junk. my 2 cents

Bama Boys

I agree, but NHRA seems to care a lot. (unfortunately)
Mmm Hmmm. Unfortunately, I feel the same way. I don't see John Force consistently not qualifying anytime soon, but I think if he did, you'd start to see some sort of qualifying "in". He's the guy that puts the most fannies in the seats in our sport, or at least is the one guy that virtually everyone knows something about. I always seem to notice that on Fridays and Saturdays, you get a lot of people at the track that just want to see these crazy fast, fiercely loud cars, just because they're so amazing. They usually don't know who's who, but when John Force comes out and does that long burnout, the place just buzzes. This certainly isn't a bash on Force, but if NHRA were to start losing out on that, that's where you'd see a change.
Personally, the "go fast or go home" deal is one of the reasons to love our sport. The competitors know it, and that's why the don't roll through the gate to start a weekend thinking "well, we're already in the show". It keeps these guys from getting complacent, and that's half of the show. Unless you're into the Sportsman categories, there'll be absolutely no reason to care about Friday or Saturday if they ever decided to bring in some sort of "provisional" rule.

At one tme, NHRA used the "provisional" deal with defending pro champions at national events. This was back in the early-mid 70's. It usually was not necessary because if the defending champ were at an event, he/she would more than likely qualify anyway. If my memory is working (it's on and off), I think Chip Woodall got into the Springnationals field back in '73 (?) based on his defending champion status. Anbody remember him? He drove Gene Snow's Top Fuel car to a win in Columbus. In any event, NHRA did away with the silly provisional qualifying deal.

I think they have been there for quite some time now! How about the old "debris on the track" call to bunch up the field when somebody was getting too big of a lead?

Or the "Let's Red Flag the race with 8 to go because someone saw a hot dog wrapper blow across the track"

NASCAR IS WWE

NASCAR seems to be headed for WWE wrestling format.

If the sanctioning body can control the reaction and relative excitement of the fans, then they can control ticket sales and merchandising too....revenues go up and in most estimates, thats all that matters, especially when NASCAR has to accommodate all of those multi-million dollar sponsors.

If the sanctioning body can control the reaction and relative excitement of the fans, then they can control ticket sales and merchandising too....revenues go up and in most estimates, thats all that matters, especially when NASCAR has to accommodate all of those multi-million dollar sponsors.

And then you have to take into Account everyone who has stopped viewing NASCAR for those very reasons... and someday soon, the "Johnny Come Lately" fan (the people that look at my wallpaper at work of JFR cars or Scott K's car and tell me 'I'm a NASCAR FAN TOO') those people will go on to the "the Next IN thing".

What's next, Re-run qualifying because Tony Shoe or Special K or Robert, John, and Ashley don't make the SHOW? Is it time to "Cut the 'rap", merge the Top Two Classes and just book in the SHOW? I can see it now, Every Wednesday Night.... NHRA RAW

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back