Amalie Oil Suspends McMillen's Contract (1 Viewer)

Definitely sucks...Terrys always been an asset to the sport in my opinion...he's got a top notch operation, unique personality, and a great work ethic so hopefully this is just a temporary setback. I hate to admit it but I think the pro landscape is going to get worse before it gets better, and I really hope I'm wrong. Good luck Team McMillen!

It's a shame. Hope he's able to piece something together to at least finish the season

I saw a rumor that a TF team was about to fold. I hope this is the one the rumor was about and we don't lose any more. Hope he can find some money to go on.

The 2021 NHRA schedule says Amalie is sponsoring the Gators. Hafta wait & see if they pull out.

IMO I think we are going to see more sponsors/companies using the corona virus to get out of contracts. Failure to perform.
Also companies coming in to the sport, if any, will probably be much smaller sponsorships it could force the teams to slow down by having to conserve parts.

As stated above Amalie is an event sponsor, does anyone know what that entails? Camping World puts up the winners purses. Does Amalie cover NHRA costs to run the event? A heck of a lot cheaper than a TF car for a season.

Also companies coming in to the sport, if any, will probably be much smaller sponsorships it could force the teams to slow down by having to conserve parts.

To piggy-back off of this statement, I've been wondering if there have been any internal conversations about shortening the events themselves in an effort to conserve costs. The reduced events that have taken place this year have certainly presented some qualifying challenges, but at the end of the day, the racing hasn't appeared to suffer too badly and the performances have been strong. Might play right into the need to cut costs.

As for the topic at hand, I just don't see how this won't continue to be a trend. Many folks will say that sponsors will be using COVID as an "excuse", but what else are they supposed to do, honestly? It's all about exposure and the exposure they're getting is a fraction of what it was supposed to be. It is what it is.....

Sean D

To piggy-back off of this statement, I've been wondering if there have been any internal conversations about shortening the events themselves in an effort to conserve costs. The reduced events that have taken place this year have certainly presented some qualifying challenges, but at the end of the day, the racing hasn't appeared to suffer too badly and the performances have been strong. Might play right into the need to cut costs.

As for the topic at hand, I just don't see how this won't continue to be a trend. Many folks will say that sponsors will be using COVID as an "excuse", but what else are they supposed to do, honestly? It's all about exposure and the exposure they're getting is a fraction of what it was supposed to be. It is what it is.....

Sean D
I believe NHRA mentioned next years events will be under the same format, except for the US Nationals

Sucks for Terry and his employees. To work so hard and have it all go away, can’t imagine it. Doubt this will be the last true sponsorship to bail.

It's a total shame. It's not like he is a multi-car team where they could streamline by moving some money from the other cars.

I wish Terry and his team the best in finding a new sponsor. Other team owners have a business to fall back on, Schumacher has his electric business, Kalitta of course has the airline business, Eddie Hill had his motorcycle shop, Tasca has the Ford dealerships and so on. Does McMillan have anything else going for him?

I wish Terry and his team the best in finding a new sponsor. Other team owners have a business to fall back on, Schumacher has his electric business, Kalitta of course has the airline business, Eddie Hill had his motorcycle shop, Tasca has the Ford dealerships and so on. Does McMillan have anything else going for him?

As far as I know he repairs aluminum blocks..............

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back