Alexander leaves BVR racing (1 Viewer)

How soon we forget. Might not be a good place to be. Bob got rid of Clay because Clay's car was better than his. Then got rid of his crew so he could get Clay's crew. Then didn't he shut down with no notice when that didn't workout? Like I said, might not be a good place to work.

He shut down the team a year or two after he stepped away from driving. It was the year Leah finally had a full-time ride, and Dave Connolly just started in Top Fuel. It was after C & J told him they going to have to step back due to a downturn in the oil industry.

He shut down the team a year or two after he stepped away from driving. It was the year Leah finally had a full-time ride, and Dave Connolly just started in Top Fuel. It was after C & J told him they going to have to step back due to a downturn in the oil industry.
Wasn’t after the C&J CEO passed away unexpectedly?

Wasn’t after the C&J CEO passed away unexpectedly?
Yes it was. He was a big fan of drag racing, and probably continued to sponsor BVR when most companies in there situation would have already pulled back, so when he passed away, there was nobody there to push continuing the sponsorship.

At least Alexander personally called Vandergriff to tell him he was leaving the team. With today’s reliance on social media, thus avoiding actually speaking to Vandergriff, Alexander could have just sent a text or email in order to avoid any personal contact.
Just what would have been the best way or time to inform Vandergriff of the change?
This time of year isn’t called the “silly season” for nothing.

Well at least Blake didn't have a courier deliver Bob a letter on Christmas eve like National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

Call me old fashion but somehow face to face would seem to be the proper way to pull the plug, but hey that's just me........

Call me old fashion but somehow face to face would seem to be the proper way to pull the plug, but hey that's just me........

I agree with you 100 percent. Don't act like you are in high school breaking up with your girl friend. There is a couple of young driver's out there (One left and I'm happy he is gone)
That act really stupid, Back in the 70's they would have bin ACE'D out!!!

Not positive that he is but Pronto was associated with Alexander prior to him going to BVR. Assuming that he was going to another team with some money.

You guys act like Blake lives right around the block from Bob and can just knock on the door anytime he likes. They live in 2 different states (and the race shop is in a third state), the phone call is fine.

Last edited:
Maybe Mr.BVR now understands what it's like to treat people like crap. Whoops, my mistake, his ego is to big for him to understand.

Sometimes people have to make really tough business decisions. This is a really tough business in a really challenging market. It doesn’t have to be personal. ;)

Personally I think BV could've handled it better if it went down like he said. I've had people quit that I wished would stay and the last thing you want to do is just hang up on them as if they don't matter. I'm not running a T/F team, but happy people don't look for other jobs, period. Treat people well and show them genuine appreciation for their efforts and people will understand rough times when you do or say something unpleasant as long as that's the exception and not the rule.

As a long time business person who has ended his share of business dealings , I find it hard to believe that people think it is OK that a multi year big dollar involved business relationship like Blake and Bob had with a quick phone call. Travel between states here in the US is not a difficult task (I did it year in and year out for a long time). Blake was not the guy cleaning the oil pan, he was the driver and controlled a major part of the major funding for that car. Sorry folks, that's not the professional way to do it.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back