Alexander leaves BVR racing (1 Viewer)

lots of balls up in the air not too far from the first race .... with the countdown maybe many aren't too worried about making Pomona if they get things going by say Gainesville.

This will be interesting. I saw today Blake won’t be in Pomona, so another part time car, at least to start with.

I saw a post that Blake made on fb. He said just talking to parts authority and pronto, Excited to make our season debut in Phoenix . So it sounds like he’s taking pronto with him.

me too. i'm a big Torrence fan but not a fan of Antron....
To each his own for sure, but what is it about Antron that rubs you the wrong way? He seems like such a genuine guy who loves what he gets to do for a living .... and he's clearly very talented.

I'd like to see he and Steve together, but to be honest, I like how TR operates now quite a bit.

I saw a post that Blake made on fb. He said just talking to parts authority and pronto, Excited to make our season debut in Phoenix . So it sounds like he’s taking pronto with him.
But why is he starting at Phoenix is it for testing or National event. If it is for the Nats, is he racing the full tour. I don't do FB ect. Almost 59, just learned how to turn on the computer.
Please give more info Sam if you have, Thanks But hay bin going to Drags since 1968 YIKES i was 8 years old. 50 years in 2018 it's all i know.

But why is he starting at Phoenix is it for testing or National event. If it is for the Nats, is he racing the full tour. I don't do FB ect. Almost 59, just learned how to turn on the computer.
Please give more info Sam if you have, Thanks But hay bin going to Drags since 1968 YIKES i was 8 years old. 50 years in 2018 it's all i know.

Blake was never slated for all 24 event with BVR. His schedule was announced as 16 events and it would make sense to go where the sponsor wants. I don't know but maybe Pronto saw Phoenix as a better market for their needs.

Alan

To each his own for sure, but what is it about Antron that rubs you the wrong way? He seems like such a genuine guy who loves what he gets to do for a living .... and he's clearly very talented.

I'd like to see he and Steve together, but to be honest, I like how TR operates now quite a bit.
it's not that he "rubs" me the wrong way. just not a fan. we all have our favorites and not so favorites.. that's all.

Blake was never slated for all 24 event with BVR. His schedule was announced as 16 events and it would make sense to go where the sponsor wants. I don't know but maybe Pronto saw Phoenix as a better market for their needs.

Alan
I never said anything about BVR. That's old news, but why would he want to go to a new team and not start out at Pomona, you would think after burning BVR, he
would be racing all 24 events. I still think he is going to work for the Devil. It's a old joke that's bin going around the drags for a number of years.
So boys and girls don't get all Nancy on me, I'm not telling the punch line.

Don't be surprised if you see Alexander in a Global Technologies TF dragster this season. I've no real inside knowledge but that the rumor.

I never said anything about BVR. That's old news, but why would he want to go to a new team and not start out at Pomona, you would think after burning BVR, he
would be racing all 24 events. I still think he is going to work for the Devil. It's a old joke that's bin going around the drags for a number of years.

Just because he goes to another team does not mean he automatically runs all 24. Still have to have that little thing called....funding provided by sponsors. Like Alan said its up to the sponsor where they begin the season. And why is Pomona such a big deal for a team not running all the events?

The devil meaning Dark Side Racing (DSR) the name on shirts by Rod Fuller?

You don't get it. All I'm saying is why would Blake go to another team and not run all the races. What the new team is going to run 18 races instead of 16? LOL
And Wayne i did not say Pomona was a BIG DEAL, Well wait a minute, Pomona is a big deal went to my first Winter in 1974 with my late dad we had a
blast, we flew down and yes bin back many times Read it again

The devil meaning Dark Side Racing (DSR) the name on shirts by Rod Fuller?
I've got one of those!
IMG_2067.jpgIMG_2068.jpg

You don't get it. All I'm saying is why would Blake go to another team and not run all the races. What the new team is going to run 18 races instead of 16? LOL
And Wayne i did not say Pomona was a BIG DEAL, Well wait a minute, Pomona is a big deal went to my first Winter in 1974 with my late dad we had a
blast, we flew down and yes bin back many times Read it again

I guess the bottom line is that none of us know why he left. It seems to me there are two possibilities, either he got a better offer someplace else that has not been announced yet, or he just wasn't comfortable staying there so he left without a firm destination in mind.

Just my opinion (I haven't reached out to either Blake or Bob) but I can't see the performance of the car being the reason. The only person who won more TF races in 2018 was Steve T. Leah and Clay each won 2 as did Blake.
And I'm guessing that if someone was looking for a part time ride, and had some funding they would be calling BVR, I would.

Alan

There are a lot of possible reasons why he left BVR. We can speculate til the cows come home. Maybe he found a similar situation on a FC deal that we don’t know of yet. Maybe he’s bringing his funding to a team that is closer to running the full pull. We’ll have to wait and see.

Has anyone thought about he being the Stepchild in the BVR program? Maybe he isn't comfortable in the new team line up

How soon we forget. Might not be a good place to be. Bob got rid of Clay because Clay's car was better than his. Then got rid of his crew so he could get Clay's crew. Then didn't he shut down with no notice when that didn't workout? Like I said, might not be a good place to work.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back