alBalooshi comment (1 Viewer)

Dragracer

Nitro Member
During the interview with alBalooshi on ESPN3 yesterday he mentioned this was the 1st race the Sheikh had attended this year and that he was still enthused with drag racing and would be continuing after this year.
I am not real clear on what he said about Manzo. I though he said Manzo would be stepping up next year. Did anyone else hear the same thing?

During the interview with alBalooshi on ESPN3 yesterday he mentioned this was the 1st race the Sheikh had attended this year and that he was still enthused with drag racing and would be continuing after this year.
I am not real clear on what he said about Manzo. I though he said Manzo would be stepping up next year. Did anyone else hear the same thing?

Yeah, heard the same thing about Manzo. Not sure if he will be tuning or driving in the Pros. Guess time will tell.

If Manzo was to get in a nitro fc, I would bet it would be with Tim Richards tuning...Tim used to build Manzo's motors way way back in the old days and Manzo had Tim helping on the Sheik's pro mod a couple years ago... that would be one awesome combo!.

Sounded to me like he said Manzo was going to be team manager, but my wife says I'm deaf so ...

If you look at the Al-Anabi Racing web site the commentary from the Sheikh identifies Alan Johnson as 'TEAM MANAGER' and owned by the Sheikh. The site is copyrighted by Alan Johnson but no where else on the site is Alan mentioned. The site previously had much more info on Alan. Wonder what has happened. On todays TV program at Sonoma it showed Alan, the Sheikh and Manzo talking and laughing.
It will be interesting to see what the future brings......

If Manzo was to get in a nitro fc, I would bet it would be with Tim Richards tuning...Tim used to build Manzo's motors way way back in the old days and Manzo had Tim helping on the Sheik's pro mod a couple years ago... that would be one awesome combo!.

I ave heard Frank has had many opportunities to go Pro racing, but had no desire!

Now that you bring that up, does anyone know/have a good idea why Dixon left or was let go? Larry's performance/conduct/representation etc has always been top notch. Shawn is very good but better than Larry???

In my opinion.. Del & Larry were paid off by Ala-Nabi- Signed Iron Clad No Talk Contracts. Shawn & Khalid were hired to drive. The Sheik probably split one of the 2 salaries he had been paying Del & Larry gave 50/50 teach of the new drivers and saved a lot of money...

I agree that's PROBABLY what happened. Whether he did it to save money, I'd be surprised.

What made the "termination" unusual was the (assumed) "fact" that Larry was paid - for quite some time after he drove for A-Anabi.

If Larry were a big time Corporate guy, you'd say he got a "golden parachute". On some scale, this happens AL-THE-TIME in the Corporate world - Not so much in Drag Racing.

Given those (assumed) facts, I never felt Larry got "screwed". On the contrary, AJ (or somebody) protected him pretty nicely.

In my opinion.. Del & Larry were paid off by Ala-Nabi- Signed Iron Clad No Talk Contracts. Shawn & Khalid were hired to drive. The Sheik probably split one of the 2 salaries he had been paying Del & Larry gave 50/50 teach of the new drivers and saved a lot of money...

OH- I don't think Larry nor Del got screwed over... It was just a simple business deal. We pay you off- you sign an Iron Clad No Talk Contract and that was it. Ala-Nabi brought in 1 PM Driver and 1 newer TF driver.. Paid them a salary and the rest is history..

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back