Alan Johnson to Torrence Racing (1 Viewer)

Holy crap that's awesome!! My two favorite drivers Jack and Steve. First Jimmy Prock joins Beckman and now this!! Too cool!

interesting....odd that alan ends up at capco, yet shawn did not....capco should be formidable for remaining races

If Langdon had gone to Torrence's team also, how conflicted would AJ feel to tune Torrence to a Championship against Shawn?

I wonder what Torrence Racing had to pay to get Alan? They are one of the few teams that can afford him regardless of the cost.

I wonder if this is just for the countdown or is permanent and Alan is not going to pursue racing his own car in the future.

If Langdon had gone to Torrence's team also, how conflicted would AJ feel to tune Torrence to a Championship against Shawn?

honestly i would say not at all, the (2) driver in countdown scenario would hopefully play out as a 1-2 finish, may the best man win.......but that's not what's happening, so good to see both alan and
shawn in the picture for balance of year :cool:

I wonder if this is just for the countdown or is permanent and Alan is not going to pursue racing his own car in the future.

The way it reads to me is that Alan will be consulting on the tuneup with Richard Hogan for the Countdown only. My guess is that Alan will continue to pursue his own program for 2016. If he has nothing line up by Pomona 1 next season ... then who knows what will happen, but I can assure you he won't stay on the sidelines very long before someone opens up the checkbook to bring him aboard. Torrance always made sense, as they run AJPE stuff. DSR/JFR do all of their stuff in house. I believe Kalitta run AJPE stuff, but that would be an interesting personality fit. I don't think Alan would be down for a dogpile and getting punched in the stomach as often as he normally wins.

Oh good! I've always wanted a good reason to root against AJ...I've never had one, but now....now I have one.
Evil Howdy Doody must have a grin as wide as his head right now.

Oh good! I've always wanted a good reason to root against AJ...I've never had one, but now....now I have one.
Evil Howdy Doody must have a grin as wide as his head right now.
Alan Johnson a bad guy ?
I guess some people can't handle someone being successful so they refrain to criticism.

Does this make them a front runner for the title? I'd say so but it's a short amount of time to get acclimated and what not. Although if anyone can do it, it's AJ

Alan Johnson a bad guy ?
I guess some people can't handle someone being successful so they refrain to criticism.

I "guess" I have to explain a post.

Satire/sarcasm never transmits well to the literal.

It's not Alan I dislike.

So no, Alan Johnson, not a "bad guy". Alan Johnson a "good guy". I've liked AJ from the beginning, and still do. But, for the first time, I get to root against him. Get it?

Did anyone ever misconstrue the tremendous amount of negative posts towards Al-Anabi Funding, Sheik Khalid Al Thani, or the oil-rich nation of Qatar before, during, or after they funded Alan Johnson, with those posters disliking Alan Johnson?

Alan good. Steve bad. I like to root for who I want, and wish first round defeats on who I want. It's part of the fun of watching match-ups for me. I like having bad guys and good guys.
Judging by the amount of people who post about loving the much vaunted "rivalry", my enjoyment of my own rivalry projected onto the teams is just a hair off of those folks wanting the teams to go at each other.

Kevin bad I guess. -shrugs shoulders-

Does this make them a front runner for the title? I'd say so but it's a short amount of time to get acclimated and what not. Although if anyone can do it, it's AJ

AJ wasn't exactly ruling the class with his own operation recently, so I don't think its a given he's gonna immediately start dominating.

AJ wasn't exactly ruling the class with his own operation recently, so I don't think its a given he's gonna immediately start dominating.

I totally agree with you James in that Alan wasn't ruling the class, but then again he's probably been on a money-saving budget since the beginning of the year given the loss of funding from Al Anabi. Now that he's with a team with plenty of funding, and the fact that Richard Hogan has a good handle on that car, I'm thinking they're going to be a force to contend with for the rest of the year! Let's see what happens for that car in St. Louis, but let's just say that I have a feeling they're going to come on strong.

Last edited:
I "guess" I have to explain a post.

Satire/sarcasm never transmits well to the literal.

It's not Alan I dislike.

So no, Alan Johnson, not a "bad guy". Alan Johnson a "good guy". I've liked AJ from the beginning, and still do. But, for the first time, I get to root against him. Get it?

Did anyone ever misconstrue the tremendous amount of negative posts towards Al-Anabi Funding, Sheik Khalid Al Thani, or the oil-rich nation of Qatar before, during, or after they funded Alan Johnson, with those posters disliking Alan Johnson?

Alan good. Steve bad. I like to root for who I want, and wish first round defeats on who I want. It's part of the fun of watching match-ups for me. I like having bad guys and good guys.
Judging by the amount of people who post about loving the much vaunted "rivalry", my enjoyment of my own rivalry projected onto the teams is just a hair off of those folks wanting the teams to go at each other.

Kevin bad I guess. -shrugs shoulders-
My response to your post was to stand up for Alan who has done exceptional things for this sport of Drag Racing and has been well respected from the competitors and fans. As for your post nowhere was Steve mentioned so there was only one way to take your post. I think it's best that we show appreciation for all the competitors that take their time an money to entertain the fans and support this sport. Nothing wrong with you having your favorites and rivalries just be respectful.

Last edited:
My response to your post was to stand up for Alan who has done exceptional things for this sport of Drag Racing and has been well respected from the competitors and fans. As for your post nowhere was Steve mentioned so there was only one way to take your post. I think it's best that we show appreciation for all the competitors that take their time an money to entertain the fans and support this sport. Nothing wrong with you having your favorites and rivalries just be respectful.

He's referring to Steve with the "Evil Howdy Doody" comment. I'm curious. Why the dislike for him?

He's referring to Steve with the "Evil Howdy Doody" comment. I'm curious. Why the dislike for him?
Phillip, I don't have any dislike for Kevin, I just didn't know he was talking about Steve, the only names mention was Alan's, I had several agrees so i wasn't the only one that took it wrong. No I like some of the things Kevin has to say, I really have respect for everyone on here, there's a few I don't see eye to eye on but they don't come on very often.

Last edited:
Phillip, I don't have any dislike for Kevin, I just didn't know he was talking about Steve, the only names mention was Alan's, I had several agrees so i wasn't the only one that took it wrong. No I like some of the things Kevin has to say, I really have respect for everyone on here, there's a few I don't see eye to eye on but they come on very much.

I was talking to Kevin about his dislike for Steve and yes, I was one of the "agrees" with you. I was agreeing with the second part when you said "I guess some people can't handle someone being successful so they refrain to criticism."

This thread has gotten lost in translation!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back