Aero Jet Nitro Funny Car Finals (1 Viewer)

Interesting racing, I dont know if it was track prep or the quick cool off when the sun went down but the track sure seemed loose. Two crashes early made me wonder. That falcon wagon got loose and tagged both walls early, then that other car rolled at the finish line soon after. THAT was a bad one.. glad the guy in the nova stopped in time to avoid the other car.

My camera doesnt work at night, I'll try and post up some vid clips later though.

the track temp was barley 75 degrees on top of that the oil downs first pair of funny cars Pulde and I dont remember the car in the right lane but he oiled it down bad from 60' to about 200'

Yeah, but most of the problems were on the top end...:(
I figured the track cooled off fast though.

Last edited:
The starting line was real sticky. All the Funny cars were shaking the tires. 300' was a different story, no track at all. I was slippin and slidein all the way down. It didn't seem to matter which lane you were in.

We lost a CIFCA funny car on Friday night and (2) bracket cars on Saturday. Tough track conditions....

The starting line was real sticky. All the Funny cars were shaking the tires. 300' was a different story, no track at all. I was slippin and slidein all the way down. It didn't seem to matter which lane you were in.

We lost a CIFCA funny car on Friday night and (2) bracket cars on Saturday. Tough track conditions....
Jim, meant to stop by but kept getting side-tracked, then the boss, my wife, decided it was time to leave.

Maybe at the next CIFCA I'll stop by and introduce myself.

They probably should have started earlier in the day, seemed like they were kind of disorganized too. I would have been there alot earlier but firebirds site said the gates opened at 5pm. Still, I hope they have it again next year.

I was feeling pretty low Friday night when we didn't make the tow, but now, not so much!

Really a shame the event had so many problems.

Jim, which CIFCA car had problems on Friday?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back