Aaron's is in - Lucky Dog Rule next? (1 Viewer)

The average American is stupid and uninformed.
So the question that begs to be asked is, do you consider yourself an average American, or do you think you are smarter or dumber?

Be careful with your answer or someone else is going to judge YOUR stupidity and YOUR level of of being uninformed!

Man those car companies and banks really take ya through the ringer. You finance the auto for 4-5 years are end up paying almost double for the car. And if you stop paying then they take it. You're out all the $$$. Everybody should just pay cash up front for that new F250, Camaro, Fusion, or Honda. ;) It's all relative.

Last edited:
Man those car companies and banks really take ya through the ringer. You finance the auto for 4-5 years are end up paying almost double for the car. And if you stop paying then they take it. You're out all the $$$. Everybody should just pay cash up front for that new F250, Camaro, Fusion, or Honda. ;) It's all relative.
Don't forget about our mortgages now...............;)

Yes I would agree that 99% of the Mater Nation is an above average American Consumer.

Now everyone look to the person on your right, and to your left and try to figure out who the 1% is! :eek:

Yes I would agree that 99% of the Mater Nation is an above average American Consumer.

Now everyone look to the person on your right, and to your left and try to figure out who the 1% is! :eek:

they are the Big Dudes that live a block over from here... ride some really nice looking Iron.... and they don't bring 'business' to the neighborhood...

d'kid

What is wrong with some of you, we have a new company stepping up and supporting a team and you guys are bashing how they conduct business. The last time I checked, Aaron's isn't making these people do anything they don't want to do. It is real simple, if you don't have the $ for something don't buy it! You guys are blaming the company when you should be blaming the people who are making the purchases when they shouldn't be in the first place. The same goes for people who carry credit card debt, if you can't afford it, DON'T BUY IT! The only reason why I have a credit card is for the points and the convenience, when the bill comes in every month it is paid in full, it is called self discipline.

Some people live to ***** here, I have never delt with Aaron's but my guess is if you think they are too expensive, go somewhere else!

Aarons is no more than loan shark company that takes advantage of people with no credit. I really don't care if they sponsor anybody.

I couldn't care either way, but I don't ever recall a bank holding a gun to a person's head when they signed papers on a sub-prime loan when they should have seen that the numbers do not add up..
And, nobody should blame Aarons if someone wants to spend $8,000.00 on a $500.00 sofa either.
It's becoming very "American" and acceptable to assign responsibility and blame onto someone else for our own bad decisions, and ultimately, THAT is the root of the problem.

Back to the original question that started the thread...

NHRA already has the "Lucky Dog" - the first loser at the four wide nationals gets to come back and race again. That, in a nutshell, is a Lucky Dog just like NASCAR.

Back to the original question that started the thread...

NHRA already has the "Lucky Dog" - the first loser at the four wide nationals gets to come back and race again. That, in a nutshell, is a Lucky Dog just like NASCAR.

Not really,thats just running 2 races at the same time.

Checked the Mater this morning and fell off my chair, I agree with George on something.

And on the 4 wide, there are two winners and two losers each race same as if they were running them 2 at a time. Just takes less time to run the event. But I guess if you are wound a little tight it would be hard to think of it that way.

Seems Lib's have a dim view on their fellow man . They fail to take in the fact a lot of rentals last a short time and when returned the merchandise is then used with a large reduction in value .
A two week rental of a new washer reduces the value much more than the value of the rental.
My daughter and son in law pick up used stuff from rental places at a deep discount often.
You really have to examine the whole thing to make an informed observation.

please, no g. keeler references :eek:..........good comment though ;)

Milk shooting out of nose!

All seriousness aside, is there anyone here who hasn't borrowed money at a userious interest rate*** 'cause it was (for some reason(s))the only place to go at the time?

Aaarons is filling a need.

***High rates? That's all relative. Who isn't carrying one or two charge cards with rates that would have been illegal at one time? Delicious irony when you consider prime interest rates these days.
I guess it's OK when BankAmerica or Wells Fargo does it (to MOST of us) versus Aaron's "exploiting" dumb poor people. Hey, at least, the Rent-to-Own industry can justify their risk-adjusted pricing more convicingly than the banking industry can.

Last edited:
Checked the Mater this morning and fell off my chair, I agree with George on something.

And on the 4 wide, there are two winners and two losers each race same as if they were running them 2 at a time. Just takes less time to run the event. But I guess if you are wound a little tight it would be hard to think of it that way.

I would agree with you if there were one winner in each pair of lanes, but that's not the case. If it were, the only person who could beat you would be the racer you're paired up against according to the qualifying ladder.

And I know sarcasm doesn't translate well with the written word, but wound a little tight I am not.:D

P.S. I, too, agree with George 100%.

What is wrong with some of you, we have a new company stepping up and supporting a team and you guys are bashing how they conduct business. The last time I checked, Aaron's isn't making these people do anything they don't want to do. It is real simple, if you don't have the $ for something don't buy it! You guys are blaming the company when you should be blaming the people who are making the purchases when they shouldn't be in the first place. The same goes for people who carry credit card debt, if you can't afford it, DON'T BUY IT! The only reason why I have a credit card is for the points and the convenience, when the bill comes in every month it is paid in full, it is called self discipline.

Whats wrong with you, Paul. You know this is America, and in America nobody is responsible for his or her actions. If you make dumb a** decisions and get your a** a in bind, it can't be your fault---it must be the mean old ___________ (fill in the blank-choose from credit card company, rent to own company, mortgage company, tobacco company, fast food company, and many others). Personal responsibility----no no no, not here. Weigh 400 pounds cause you eat 12 Big Macs and drink 40 gallons of Coke a day---must be McDonalds fault. Smoke 5 packs of Camels a day and got lung cancer---RJ Reynolds must be held responsible. Bought a $3 million house and can't afford the $20K a month payments on your 12 bucks an hour salary---damn that mortgage company. Maybe I can go to Aaron's and rent to own a top fuel team for $50 a month.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yes you do. Just look at what the mortgage industry did. It got HUGE and made Billions of dollars by selling junk loans. It happens all of the time, in every industry. I think you are giving the average American consumer too much credit. Remember, the average American consumer thinks Taco Bell is real Mexican food, thinks walmart is good value and thinks George Bush was a great President. The average American is stupid and uninformed. That's where these companies make their money....on ignorance.

Again, just my opinion.

Gee, now I know how Obama got elected.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back