AAA Rumor (2 Viewers)

AAA IS staying with Force. :(
Not sure how much stock I put in this, you were telling us Force wasn't going to park the team last year when there was a ton of people saying they were. I hope AAA stays, we need more corporate investment, not less.

I was told recently by a State Farm agent that 2020 was a banner year for auto insurance. No one's insurance went down, but claims went way down.
No one‘s insurance went down? Early in the pandemic I was sent a nice partial refund on my premium due to the expected decrease in driving.

Cliff, its off the 10 Freeway in Desert Center. It honestly doesnt hold road races like you are thinking but more of club deal where you can go and hot lap your car.

Yesterday they had just under 60 cars.

No one‘s insurance went down? Early in the pandemic I was sent a nice partial refund on my premium due to the expected decrease in driving.

On the books, your premiums were the same price. Claims went WAY down, at a much higher percentage than your refund, which averaged ~15%.

So NO, your insurance didn't go down. A refund is not the same thing as rate reduction or discount, ESPECIALLY in accounting terms.

Gino,

That's good news, I was thinking more about Pomona, Fontana, and what I keep hearing about Bakersfield and the lack of allowed spectators for bigger events. If you guys are racing regularly, that's GREAT!!!

Alan
Yes, that is concerning too. Regardless of AAA sponsorship of Pamona and Fontana, both are shutdown with no reopening date offered as of now. Famoso can still hold events at a limited capacity, but there are ways around them. BTW, Sacramento Raceway is running today.

My point is that there is no doom or gloom here in California. Racing will go on. With regards to this COVID stuff, i don't see it being any different that the cold and flu season; which traditionally peaks in February and subsides in March to June. It was a smart move by the Famoso management team to push the March Meet back to May.

David,

The Auto Club isn't the reason that California Drag Strips are idle right now. And I would venture to say that during a normal season, many more people are exposed to the Auto Club AAA logo from Robert Hight's car and the other JFR teams than the signs at the tracks.

Alan
Hi Alan,

Right, from a marketing perspective I understand the larger number of impressions they get from team Force sponsorship. While some SoCal tracks have not begun racing yet or will be racing without spectators it's not meant to sound like doom and gloom. In fact we'll be hitting the track in a few weeks to get my son his competition license with my car.

My primary concern is with Auto Club Famoso, Fontana, and Pomona losing support. I kind of though that as namesake sponsors for those tracks the operators get significant support, and I just hate to see it be any more challenging for them to operate.

Dave

Gino, I don't disagree w/ your post. Was looking for a sad face & that came up. argh I hope Famoso stays forever.

You're right Joe. Nothing lasts forever. I hate seeing any track go away, but as someone mentioned, "the times they are a changin'"

I went by the Fontana track yesterday. Everything is still in place. The K rails, the score boards, the tower and the pits. There are a ton of trailers parked south of the road by the strip. No Amazon stuff there at all. Some UPS tractors.
The track could open at anytime if they were allowed.

You're right Joe. Nothing lasts forever. I hate seeing any track go away, but as someone mentioned, "the times they are a changin'"
Yup, On the East Coast, Look at Englishtown, That track was great until..........The High-rolling people moved out of New York and North Jersey to buy a house next to the track. Shit... There are towns in Jersey that actually Ban Landscapers to use gas powered blowers to clean the leaves off a customer's property!

Yup, On the East Coast, Look at Englishtown, That track was great until..........The High-rolling people moved out of New York and North Jersey to buy a house next to the track. Shit... There are towns in Jersey that actually Ban Landscapers to use gas powered blowers to clean the leaves off a customer's property!
It was a family squabble hatg caused Englishtown to close. :(

Yes, A family issue also but, parts of the place are still open. Motocross track, drifting, etc. So not totally a family issue. I believe it was a noise issue also because they had nights where vehicles had to be muffled.

Yes, A family issue also but, parts of the place are still open. Motocross track, drifting, etc. So not totally a family issue. I believe it was a noise issue also because they had nights where vehicles had to be muffled.
And what Joe said too.

California's illustrious Governor has proven he's willing to put Vise Grips on the entire state as a result of the COVID pandemic. I don't know the specifics but if auto-racing venues are restricted like they have been at most of the 2020 NHRA national events have been, I don't see any way in hell SoCal or any other drag strip can remain open. Drag strips are already on a lot of people's s**t list, anyway. And much as it saddens me, neither can I envision AAA spending millions of dollars sponsoring a track or a race team, even one they've had a productive longterm relationship with, if only 25% or whatever of the race fans are allowed to attend the events the team races at.

Never-ending sponsorships can and do end and the damage this pandemic has done and will continue to do is incalculable. Agreed, AAA's departure is only a rumor at this point but it's a 100% realistic scenario that AAA tracks could be shuttered and John Force Racing substantially pared back - or parked.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back