A NASCAR writer in NHRA land (1 Viewer)

i always felt that alot of the drag race fans have taken a certin amount of offense to the NACAR world hyping up Danica being a female in racing because.. while some dont like it here for some reason.... we have been use to females in drag racing for years...

NASCAR.. while hand full have tried over the years... only a couple have reached hte top level.... so its NEW to them...lol..

she must have reached her word quota for the article, i'm sure she wanted to
expound on the stupidty of 4-wide racing, 1000' distance, and the countdown........
what? oh, they didn't even come up in her article :rolleyes:

sounds like she had a good time, was impressed with fan access,
driver accessibility an diversity, and was introduced to a whole new loud.

each race is it's own special event.....IMO most folks could care less about
points, playoffs or drama - they want to hear and feel nitro on the track
and in the pits, buy a few souvenirs, get some autographs, eat/drink and
be comfortable.....if you pay $20 to park but get $1 ice cream, suddenly
the parking fee fades from importance....when in reality the track charged
$18 for parking and $3 for the ice cream

Well you did have Bobby "He Went to beatin on my fist with his nose" Allison also in Attendance and get interviewed by Alan.

Kind of hate to say it, but IMHO the difference is caused by media. NHRA has gotten less media attention so people were able to compete and develop more or less normally and NASCAR has been under scrutiny for so long that any changes or difference are pointed out, expounded upon, dissected, cussed, discussed and finally ruled upon before it can become an accepted norm. In NHRA, it seems to be saved that for performance rather than people.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back