A little Wednsday news (1 Viewer)

Tuesday:
The team made a second run under the lights. They were not able to get a full pass...

Antron said that the car was running great and was on a great pass...this was his first time under the lights (night pass) and he lost his vision later in the run and opted to shut the car down on the side of caution. His crew chief and team were very supportive in his decision to shut the car down...safety is first.

I don't have the early numbers of the run, will possibly get those tonight. The crew was very satisfied with the early numbers of the second pass and they all look forward to tomorrow, their final day in testing. Their hopes are to make 2-3 more passes tomorrow.

Wednesday:
Good news from Phoenix, Antron went out and ran a 4.48 @ 309 in today's first session................

..and Oh yeah, let's not forget the doubters:
http://www.nitromater.com/nhra/11371-antron-powers-tf.html

Last edited:
Antron's always been one of my favorites, I asked him to take a picture with my wife one year, and right when I was about to snap the picture, he laid a big ole' kiss on her cheek, sure made us crack up laughing, and sure made us fans for life!:D

wow!!!!!!! a 48 @ 309! looks like antron is making his transistion from bike to fuel car look easy!

I know a lot of Maters would rather see the bikes go away, but you can't argue with the fact that running in the 6's at 190+ on 2 wheels is impressive, and something that not everyone could do. Good to see Antron making progress.

I know a lot of Maters would rather see the bikes go away, but you can't argue with the fact that running in the 6's at 190+ on 2 wheels is impressive, and something that not everyone could do. Good to see Antron making progress.

I personally head to the RV, beerstand, pits .... anywhere when the bikes are running, they are just not my thing. With that being said, I totally think those guys and gals are great at what they do and I am under no delusions as to the level of difficulty in riding one of those things.

I just caught the tail end of it on my way home from work; I didn't write anything down so details are a little sketchy. Ashley Force got a little sideways and clicked it off early; Melanie Troxel made a short squirt. Fast Jack Ran 4.93 but I forgot the speed; it was 2-something. Bob Tasca shut it off at half track; I think his numbers were something like [email protected]. Those were the only cars running at the end of the day. Everyone else was busy packing up.

You talking about the deal that happened Monday?

Yes - I realize that the SnapOn team doesn't need any more bad news, but I'm surprised that this was not reported anywhere - unless I missed something.
I was told that the team pulled out an older chassis from the transporter and is trying to get it ready for Doug to race at Pomona. New chassis will reportedly need major repairs. Best wishes for a successful race for Doug and his team.

You talking about the deal that happened Monday?

Yes - I realize that the SnapOn team doesn't need any more bad news, but I'm surprised that this was not reported anywhere - unless I missed something.
I was told that the team pulled out an older chassis from the transporter and is trying to get it ready for Doug to race at Pomona. New chassis will reportedly need major repairs. Best wishes for a successful race for Doug and his team.
here you go:

Monday Testing
Force cars ran, Hight had the best 60' I can ever remember for a funny car with an .871.

On a sad note, Kevin Poynter who was driving for Herbert got into the wall about 1100'.

PHOENIX TEST - Top Fuel Time Trial Notes, Session #7

Many thanks to DRC for hanging out Monday

Talked to Antron last night and he told me that he went 284 and change at half track on the 4.48 and he did shut it off early.

Roo

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back