85% vs 90% A Comparison (1 Viewer)

I can hear it but the vid would be much better if there wasn't music in the background and you didn't compress it so much. The artifacts from compression and the music make it harder to tell.

Yep, you can tell the difference. Slightly higher pitch, more cackle...

Does anyone remember what year "those who must be obeyed" limited fuel to 90% originally? I seem to have forgotten...

Last edited:

Does anyone remember what year "those who must be obeyed" limited fuel to 90% originally? I seem to have forgotten...

Wasn't it in the late 90's? I don't remember the specific date and I've not kept any of my old rulebooks.

It was in 2000 that NHRA mandated 90% because of Doug Herbert's HUGE Fireball in '99 at the Finals. What's strange is how LAME 90% sounded at Phoenix testing in 2000! Makes you wonder how these cars would sound at 96-97% again? Pipe dream!

I can hear it but the vid would be much better if there wasn't music in the background and you didn't compress it so much. The artifacts from compression and the music make it harder to tell.

Brent, I took the music bed off of the parts that have engine audio, as far as compression goes I don't use it.

Here it is without the bed.

Hope this works better for you

Dan

Last edited:
Excellent investigative journalism Dan. :D
Loved the vid, especially the quick comparo cuts between the two.
Nicely done.

What's with the frankfurters? :p
I felt fatter from just having looked at them lol.

I'm definitely seeing and hearing compression artifacts.

Yes, much easier to tell without the music in the background.

Brent, I think I know what you are getting at, that video is 349 megs as an avi file, as a windows media file it's only about 21 megs. That is were the compression you are talking about is coming from. I don't use compression on my audio or video in the editing stages. Once you get it to the internet it's another story.

Dan

Anyway, have a good one hope you enjoyed it.

Dan and Joe,

You guys want to hear a Nitro motor like God intended, in the front and on 95%-the whole can,,,,,go to a Nostaglia race, that is the normal deal there. ;)

Rapid

Dan and Joe,

You guys want to hear a Nitro motor like God intended, in the front and on 95%-the whole can,,,,,go to a Nostaglia race, that is the normal deal there. ;)

Rapid

look at this.....he rides in a cave once and all of the sudden he's a friggan' pitch man!!! :p:p:D

Dan and Joe,

Rapid

RR, I know what you mean't, but I was referring to today's cars with the Twin Promag 44's and 80 GPM pumps at 96-97%! The Noise would be deafening!!!:eek:

Joe, I know I was just harrassing you buddy. ;)

Mike,,,but look. I got them talking about our racing :D

That driver's view video is Sean Belt in the Metal Mafia altered. It was a KCIR a couple of years ago. Hey,,,who was doing that *****en burnout in the left lane??? Humm,,purple car,,midwest track,,,I wonder ;) :D

Rapid

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back