660'? (1 Viewer)

1/8th mile racing for Nitro?

I'll bet you I know who that "long time drag racing journalist" was. Jeff Burke over at DRO.

He's pushed this idea before. He's also espoused pruning the qualifying field to eight cars instead of 16, all in the interest of a quicker show on Sunday.

Everytime he does, he gets flamed mercilessly. I sent him a response once, saying that perhaps after attending so many races over the course of his career, perhaps he was getting a bit jaded, and just wanted to get home earlier on Sunday.

He must have been getting a lot of "fan" mail that day, because I got a semi-testy response back from him.

I have gone to the Gatornationals every yr. sine 1990,i would find it hard to get the motivation to go if they shorten fuel cars to 1/8th mile..

I have gone to the Gatornationals every yr. sine 1990,i would find it hard to get the motivation to go if they shorten fuel cars to 1/8th mile..

Especially since Gainesville's Stands go to past 1000', wonder how that will go over seeing chutes out when they pass by??

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back