50th Gatornational memories - pick 3 (1 Viewer)

-Record numbers in multiple categories most notably the brutal factory stock field.
-TJ Zizzo coming out swinging and going to the semis
-Warren Johnson once again showing why he is "The Professor"

- Record runs in Pro Mod
- The Safety Safari keeping the track in good condition even though the weather was so damp and cold
- Crampton’s team bringing their Wally to Miller’s Ale House
828C288E-B92D-4D9B-BE68-7776C97BF9BE.jpeg

Long TV show, but it did cover all 4 Pro classes & even showed the Factory Stock Final. I thought the show was interesting. Had interviews with all 8 Unfinished Business drivers. Man there were some close races in the Pro classes! Mike Klober is getting his act together as crew chief. Would not be surprised to see Clay win some races & challenge for the championship.

Picking three is a genuinely tough deal! What a tremendous event.

- Pro Mod final.
- Tak Shigematsu's 6.10
- Factory Stock on the whole.

Honourable mentions for Sean Bellemur's 5.35, Andrew Hines' 6.720, Matt Smith's 201mph, and the huge crowd on Saturday.

i noticed that not one of the professional winners thanked amalie for sponsoring the race in their victory interviews with amanda. that was kind of surprising.
nhra only has a handful of sponsors that come back year after year. i would think you would want to make sure they are recognized whenever possible. the drivers are in a position
to help with this when interviewed.

listening to t.j. zizzo talking about shedding lbs. on dragster......altering the ht. of front of frame? first time i can remember this happening. i think that is a hadman chassis? wonder if brad did the work?
also removing padding from rollcage. seems counter intuitive to all the safety connected with cockpit area?......great to see that team perform well.

factory stock advertised as wheels up action on 9"......that's what it was just a few years ago. have you noticed now that many of the top runners barely have front wheels leave ground?
aka CPS (camaro pro stock)......the performance of FS is still mind boggling.

Pro Mod Q3 on NHRA.TV Brain Lohnes,Lee Silverman,John Waldie,and the guy from England all on the mike. Also Louis Bloom keeping their facts/lies straight.

FS1 TV opening Big Mac.

Lee Greenwood singing "God Bless The U.S.A." live on the NHRA.TV opening.

listening to t.j. zizzo talking about shedding lbs. on dragster......altering the ht. of front of frame? first time i can remember this happening. i think that is a hadman chassis?

It was only the body. It was a tall body Mckinney car from 1999. Hill, Amato, Cory Mac MBNA car, and more all had the tall body. The original concept was to make the fuel tank taller and make the overall length shorter, so they could get more weight closer to the front axle. They had to make the body taller to clear the tank. That fad only lasted a couple years. Zizzo still had the tall body, and just switched to a more conventional body.

Pro Mod final was awesome
Robert Hight's domination
Mike Bucher runner up in TAD

honorable mention

Rahn Tobler and Shirley Muldowney before her semi final run
PSM 6.72
DJ Cox's 2 foot long section of front end getting pushed down the track by fire extinguisher thrust.

Brian Lohnes (is there any doubt he's a huge upgrade over Reiff)
WJ
Mike Kloeber

I can honestly say I didn't watch much of the Winters coverage and none from Phoenix, but the Gators show was good.

* can't forget about Zizzo and rust team's impressive showing. Be nice to see that team out there more!

1.Rustoleum/Zizzo performance 2.Kloeber/Parts Plus performance 3.Pro-Mod category

i noticed that not one of the professional winners thanked amalie for sponsoring the race in their victory interviews with amanda. that was kind of surprising.
nhra only has a handful of sponsors that come back year after year. i would think you would want to make sure they are recognized whenever possible. the drivers are in a position
to help with this when interviewed.

One of the pro's did thank Amalie but I can't remember which one. I think it was Bo or Robert. But you are right, everyone winner should be thanking the race sponsor.

Pro Mod - Q3 & Q4 was some of the most entertaining racing I have ever seen. Brian Lohnes showing up for both was the icing on the cake. Big fanboy of the class.

T.J. Zizzo - part-timer rips off some impressive runs. Mike Kern did his homework.

Robert Hight - dominating the field, again.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back