5 trivia questions for you.... (1 Viewer)

HEMI6point1

Nitro Member
I kinda forgot the answers to these and wanna know (except for the last one), so help me out here!

1. There was one E-town Summernationals that was known by many fans as "The Longest Day," because after drying the track the racing didn't conclude intil about 3 or 4AM. What year was "The Longest Day?"

1a. Who won in Top Fuel and Funny Car on "The longest Day?"

2. Shelly Anderson won round 2 and eventually the whole event in Seattle '96 when a certain TF driver crashed in round 2 against her. Who was the driver?

3. Blaine Johnson won his last round win (NOT final found) against who?

3a. Who did Blaine beat for his first ever TF round win?

4. Who was the first driver to use the "flip-up" one piece body for a funny car?

5. Who is the driver to actually have a faster water ET record than the land record (at the time)?

Last edited:
3A) Is Don Prudhomme, it was in Englishtown 1994 in one of Paul Page's favorite kind of races, a pedalfest. I stand corrected, I believe the first time he qualifed may have been E-Town in 94.

Last edited:
Blaine's first win was over kb at columbus in 1994 4.901/297.52/.453 and his last one was over bruce sarver 2nd round at brainerd 4.729/305.49/.445 1996
most impressive blaine johnson run ever was the out of the box 4.703 during qualifying at denver in 1996

Last edited:
No. 1 - "The Longest Day" was in 1973. Clayton Harris won Top Fuel, and Candies and Hughes won funny car with Leroy Goldstien driving. Candies and Hughes also set a new Top Fuel National Record in their dragster with Bill Wiggington driving at 6.03....................

I wonder how I remember all of that?:cool:

All I remember was back in I think 1977 maybe 76. We were running a BB/FC in Procomp and it rained all weekend we started to race ether Mon or Tue night. broke the chassis in 1st round, loaded up and got the hell out.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back