30 years later (1 Viewer)

Just Paul

Nitro Member
Hey guys and gals.

I thought I would share this picture, I think it's kinda cool.

On the top, is me at just shy of 4 years old inside the trailer of the Blue Max, and giving Raymond Beadle a handshake. Lucky that guy walking though didn't block it all the way. :D Brainerd MN August of 1983.

The bottom picture was last Saturday night, down in Cedar Falls IA, standing in the doorway of the exact same trailer. When Ronny Young built the Blue Max Nostalgia car, he decided to restore and use the same trailer they did back in the 80's. When I saw they were on the entry list for the race, I thought if they did show up, I'd ask to take a similar picture. All we had with was a cell phone, and the lighting was not the best, but oh well.

The Blue Max team was super nice to talk with, and were happy to let me inside to take the picture.

Last edited:
That is cool, Paul. I was there at Bakersfield when they pulled in with that hauler, and when they opened the doors up I could see that they still had the wood cabinets in it.. The Blue Max has always been my favorite funny car and Beadle has always been my favorite driver. But, ssshhh, don't tell Bode though.;):)

Last edited:
:cool: That's so cool, man.
I saw Beadle out here at the Bakersfield Hot Rod Reunion in October.
Lots of cool history.

Great pics Paul.
icon14.gif

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back