2020 Pro-Stock Schedule (1 Viewer)

well the 2020 PSB schedule is out today, and BIR is not on list (as you said david k.).......in 2020 there are (3) races without both PS & PSB. Charlotte 1, Chicago, and Brainerd
will only host nitro cars for mello yello professional classes........is there an attempt here to save money with FOX and have very abbreviated shows for 3 races?
these are all very premiere facilities with private owners responsible for and investing in constant improvement. i wonder how much money has been sank into atlanta lately :rolleyes:

Last edited:
well the 2020 PSB schedule is out today, and BIR is not on list (as you said david k.).......in 2020 there are (3) races without both PS & PSB. Charlotte 1, Chicago, and Brainerd
will only host nitro cars for mello yello professional classes

Hopefully these three races pick up Pro Mod. Houston and Bristol which did not have PS/PSM this year (but will in 2020), had Pro Mod. Hopefully there is some sort of trade off. Fingers crossed for Pro Mod in Joliet. 🙏

Hopefully these three races pick up Pro Mod. Houston and Bristol which did not have PS/PSM this year (but will in 2020), had Pro Mod. Hopefully there is some sort of trade off. Fingers crossed for Pro Mod in Joliet. 🙏
I hope pro mod is still at bristol

In a way Denver makes sense, I do not know how much the extra cost is to run those parts for only one race but I would imagine not running Denver and not being on the road for three weeks will help save a few bucks, However the two times Ive been to Denver and from what I have noticed on tv the Denver fans stand out as some great fans who enjoy pro stock, not too many people (compared to most races) left the stands and are enthusiastic when they came to the line, they also put on a pretty good show this year with 18 cars and several Fords showing up and the fans seemed excited about it. I wonder with Pro Stock not heading up there next year if Pro Mods could fill the void especially with it possibly being a good test session for the World Series of Pro Mod in August.
I went to the Pro Mod race in Denver on Friday.

I have been to many races at Bandimere, Mile High Nats since 1980.

The Pro Mod race was the most unorganized race I have seen. Overhyped
A king it sound like the greatest race ever.
Only 11 cars, 10 could run anything competitive. Every scheduled qualifying session was late. First qualifier was scheduled for 5 pm. It ran at 6:25 pm.
And only 7 cars ran.

With the big hype you would expect a full field
I didn't bother to go back Sat. Pro Mod was featured so you had to watch Jr dragsters before finally seeing any pro mod a hour or more late on schedule.

will only host nitro cars for mello yello professional classes........is there an attempt here to save money with FOX and have very abbreviated shows for 3 races?
these are all very premiere facilities with private owners responsible for and investing in constant improvement. i wonder how much money has been sank into atlanta lately :rolleyes:
We get Pro Mod!!!!!!!

I am shocked they are taking pro stock away from Brainerd. Minnesota probably has the strongest ties to the pro stock class over anywhere. Plus BIR just paved a huge section of their pit to bring pro stock over to the same side of the track as the fuel cars. I'm curious to see the other "specialty" classes schedule now.
We get Pro Mod!!!

We get Pro Mod!!!!!!!
i wish they could announce these schedules simultaneously. so pro mod will be at all 3 nat. events that don't have PS and PSB in 2020. i saw over on DRO that there will be a 16 Q field, exhibition
pro mod race next month at the ennis nat. event. it's a midwest pro-mod series. this will be something entirely new for BIR to host ProMod.
and should be great fun having jason back @ brainerd racing in stock :cool:

Last edited:
i wish they could announce these schedules simultaneously. so pro mod will be at all 3 nat. events that don't have PS and PSB in 2020. i saw over on DRO that there will be a 16 Q field, exhibition
pro mod race next month at the ennis nat. event. it's a midwest pro-mod series. this will be something entirely new for BIR to host ProMod.
and should be great fun having jason back @ brainerd racing in stock :cool:
Brainerd was also one of the few races to get 20 entries this year

there's some pretty serious stuff out there..

Seeing as how we're one of the snowmobiling hot spots, with a manufacturer's HQ in the state and all, I get why they run the snowmobiles up here. But, like motocross, they're a form of motorsports that doesn't do a single thing for me. :rolleyes:

Wish they were running at Denver it’s fun to watch them up there. I thought it was weird that they didn’t run Pro Stock at Atlanta early this year I thought they would because it’s a pro category and it’s MELLO YELLO’s back yard.

lets just hope the day doesn't come where FC or TF start running abbreviated seasons, and you're favorite national event mite not have one of those two categories.
let's see if abbreviated seasons for PS, PSB, PM, NHD, and FS will hold up. it's kind of like going to the same music fest every year where the same two huge bands play, but different
supporting bands show up each year. the music fest still ends up being really great......just don't mess with my headliners.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back