2010 NHRA Full Throttle Schedule (1 Viewer)

It'd be cool if Dallas & E-town can swap places, and do a 2 race Northeast swing, plus RP in the fall is Backbreaking for the record books, I remember when RP ran the nationals final elims in 2000 in Sept. Rather have that than the Hot Humid "Summernationals-like" June
Oh yeah, fine for you Rob, have you ever been to Dallas in the middle of June? :D
2 races at zMAX = cool. Now the question is...will nhra be innovative enough to run ALL 4 lanes for some classes???
Did anyone see the 100mph camera in the Pinks All Out episode from Z Max? Would love to see that on the NHRA broadcast!

Last edited:
Joe, that was my thought too as I have family up in Charlotte and wanted to go there for the inaugural event last Sept. but could not swing it. Can't this year either, but next March is quite doable with this much lead time. The weather could play havoc with the race though based on what others are saying. Charlotte can still be cold in mid-to-late March although just like Gainesville, you never know what you are gonna get. Some years it is hotter than blazes at the Gators and others it can be frigid but most years it is the rain you have to worry about. ;)

What suprises me is Gainesville is NHRA's Biggest race crowdwise, and having Charlotte 1 right after will hurt it bad I bet! Doesn't make sense...

Putting Englishtown and Reading a week (or two) apart would be a problem. They're ~100 miles apart. You need them months apart to either get the crowd you didn't get the first time, or for people to go to both.

Putting Gainesville and Charlotte so close together chronologically at least is supported by distance, they're 450 miles apart.

That's one of the things people often don't take into account when looking at the schedule. While it might be nice to make lots of short hops for the teams, it has to make "entertainment business" sense. And that means not saturating your markets.

Putting Englishtown and Reading a week (or two) apart would be a problem. They're ~100 miles apart. You need them months apart to either get the crowd you didn't get the first time, or for people to go to both.

Putting Gainesville and Charlotte so close together chronologically at least is supported by distance, they're 450 miles apart.

That's one of the things people often don't take into account when looking at the schedule. While it might be nice to make lots of short hops for the teams, it has to make "entertainment business" sense. And that means not saturating your markets.

Here is a quote from Phil Burgess over at nhra.com:

I wasn't part of the schedule-making process, but I'm sure considerable thought and planning went into picking the dates, especially for the first Charlotte event, which will take place in late March, just after the historic Gatornationals. The two don’t really draw from the same market as you might think, and it's going to be great to see the cars at zMax Dragway in the cool of late spring.

Can't believe the Memphis and Bristol dates. Apparently the NHRA wants to continue to slow cars down and give fans a crappy show. It will be a miracle if cars can even make it down the track in Memphis in August. I went three years ago when it was in August, and it was ridiculous. 104, then a rain, and a four hour rain delay, and then qualifying after the rain. Temps were in the low 90's, but the TF's were only running mid 4.60's ... at night.

Yikes.

Oh yeah, fine for you Rob, have you ever been to Dallas in the middle of June? :DDid anyone see the 100mph camera in the Pinks All Out episode from Z Max? Would love to see that on the NHRA broadcast!

why? all i know is that they ran around that time back in the day when they ran 2 races

I'm not a fan of having Indy being the first race of the Countdown (not a fan of the countdown for that matter, but I've learned to live with it). I thought that having Indy be the last race to earn points into the countdown made even more valuable, plus being in the Motorsports Capitol of the world seemed like a smart place to end the regular season. IMO, that wasn't the smartest move.
Indy isn't the first race of the countdown is it? It is the last race of the regular season right?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back