2010 NHRA Full Throttle Schedule (1 Viewer)

Now that the western swing is changed maybe Woodburn can invite the pros back for testing like they used to do. :cool:

Wonder why the switch on the western swing. No big deal, just curious

Has anyone noticed this stretch of the schedule?

30th annual Summit Racing Equipment NHRA Southern Nationals May 14-16 Atlanta
22nd annual O'Reilly NHRA Summer Nationals May 21-23 Topeka

so far, no problem, but with only 1 week off......

13th annual United Association Route 66 NHRA Nationals June 3-6 Chicago
41st annual United Association NHRA SuperNationals June 10-13 Englishtown
10th annual NHRA Thunder Valley Nationals June 18-20 Bristol
Fourth annual Summit Racing Equipment NHRA Nationals June 24-27 Norwalk

That's 4 races in 4 weeks followed by one more week off, then.....

23rd annual NHRA Northwest Nationals July 9-11 Seattle
23rd annual Fram Autolite NHRA Nationals July 16-18 Sonoma
31st annual Mopar Mile-High NHRA Nationals July 23-25 Denver

When all is said and done, that's 9 races in 11 weeks. I wonder how the teams are going to survive this.

I'm with you Murdock...

Richmond gets the shaft AGAIN .....UNBELIEVABLE ...THUNDER VALLEY IN JUNE ......YIKES..

NHRA is turning into nascar....

I can't wait to see how the Div. 6 LODRS schedule is going to look. Possible Seattle June 18-20, and Woodburn the following weekend (June 25-27) because I can't see Livingston letting NHRA take his Independence Day Pinks date. After the Northwest Nationals is the Sonoma national event probably followed up by a Sonoma divisional, which finally leaves an open date of July 30 thru August 1.

50th annual Kragen O'Reilly NHRA Winternationals Feb. 11-14
Pomona, Calif.

26th annual NHRA Arizona Nationals Feb. 26-28 Phoenix

41st annual NHRA Gatornationals March 11-14 Gainesville, Fla. (PSM)

Inaugural NHRA Nationals March 25-28 Concord, N.C.

11th annual SummitRacing.com NHRA Nationals April 9-11 Las Vegas

23rd annual O'Reilly NHRA Spring Nationals April 16-18 Houston (PSM)

14th annual NHRA Midwest Nationals April 30 - May 2 St. Louis (PSM)

30th annual Summit Racing Equipment NHRA Southern Nationals May 14-16 Commerce, Ga. (PSM)

22nd annualO'Reilly NHRA Summer Nationals May 21-23 Topeka, Kan.

13th annual United Association Route 66 NHRA Nationals June 3-6 Chicago (PSM)

41st annual United Association NHRA SuperNationals June 10-13 Englishtown, N.J. (PSM)

10th annual NHRA Thunder Valley Nationals June 18-20
Bristol, Tenn.

Fourth annual Summit Racing Equipment NHRA Nationals June 24-27 Norwalk, Ohio (PSM)

23rd annual NHRA Northwest Nationals July 9-11 Seattle

23rd annual FRAM-Autolite NHRA Nationals July 16-18 Sonoma, Calif. (PSM)

31st annual Mopar Mile-High NHRA Nationals July 23-25 Denver (PSM)

29th annual Lucas Oil NHRA Nationals Aug. 12-15 Brainerd, Minn. (PSM)

23rd annual O'Reilly NHRA Mid-South Nationals Aug. 20-22
Memphis, Tenn. (PSM)

56th annual Mac Tools U.S. Nationals Sept. 1-6 Indianapolis (PSM)

Third annual NHRA Carolinas Nationals Sept. 16-19 Concord, N.C. (PSM)

25th annual O'Reilly NHRA Fall Nationals Sept. 23-26 Dallas (PSM)

26th annual Toyo Tires NHRA Nationals Oct. 7-10 Reading, Pa. (PSM)

10th annual NHRA Las Vegas Nationals Oct. 28-31 Las Vegas (PSM)

46th annual Automobile Club of Southern California NHRA Finals Nov.11-14 Pomona, Calif. (PSM)

That's a WHOLE LOT of non Title Sponsor Events.. WOW

Now that the western swing is changed maybe Woodburn can invite the pros back for testing like they used to do. :cool:

That would be cool. There's time off beforehand. It's on the way for the california teams? But there's that dreaded testing ban -- and the ugly bump in the left lane at 600'...

This schedule change could help woodburn get it's pro stock race back if they come a week prior to Seattle. It would be a great shot in the arm to bring that race back although economics might play into that decision.
Woodburn has always had that new Seattle date since the race began in the 1970's. I can't imagine the track is very happy about it since you have to also factor in the 4th of July the week before so that puts the race in June or late July.

On another front, I still don't know why they are heading back west to pick up the first vegas race unless it has to do with getting some distance away from the NASCAR race. Having it after Pheonix would be more economical.

It's unfortunate that VA got nixed. Will they go back to IHRA? Could another track not happy with the schedule also make the move?

Last edited:
Wonder why the Western Swing got changed around?

Mike Dunns take on the western swing change, it makes since.
The schedule change, which gives teams an easier road back home en route to Brainerd, will shake up the crew-chief routine a bit. As Mike Dunn wrote in his Final Take column after Seattle, a lot of teams have trouble backing off their more-more-more mile-high Denver tune-up when they head back to sea level in Seattle, but now they'll be going the other way and then heading to Brainerd, which also has a little bit of altitude.

is virginia motorsports park loosing their sanction or just the national event? god I hope it doesn't go back to the "I" side, but I guess it doesn't matter without a national event. at least ADRL is on the schedule for next year!

Bruce I saw on another Board where the TRack Owner of VMP made Far more $$$ running ADRL than NHRA! Maybe it was his decision????

Looks like I may have to seriously consider going to Charlotte 1 instead of Gainesville next year?

3 thoughts (you guys already hit on).

1. No richmond . . . uh what?!?

2. Charlotte in March. This year in march we had a weekend of mid 20 degree weather followed by the next weekend in the 70s. March is way too hit or miss in the south.

3. Bristol in June. Where the only thing hotter than the fuel headers is the pavement. I already feel for the bottom end guys :D

Looks like I may have to seriously consider going to Charlotte 1 instead of Gainesville next year?

Joe, that was my thought too as I have family up in Charlotte and wanted to go there for the inaugural event last Sept. but could not swing it. Can't this year either, but next March is quite doable with this much lead time. The weather could play havoc with the race though based on what others are saying. Charlotte can still be cold in mid-to-late March although just like Gainesville, you never know what you are gonna get. Some years it is hotter than blazes at the Gators and others it can be frigid but most years it is the rain you have to worry about. ;)

It's nice to see the end of the August/Maple Grove experiment. Some of the best years of that race (01, 04 and 06) were in October. Maple Grove's ability to draw during the college football season may have had some influence ih this decision. Charlotte in March would probably be good to go to as well. I wonder if they are setting Memphis up to be a lame duck, because that would sure be a nice time to run in New Hampshire in 2011.

It'd be cool if Dallas & E-town can swap places, and do a 2 race Northeast swing, plus RP in the fall is Backbreaking for the record books, I remember when RP ran the nationals final elims in 2000 in Sept. Rather have that than the Hot Humid "Summernationals-like" June

I'm not a fan of having Indy being the first race of the Countdown (not a fan of the countdown for that matter, but I've learned to live with it). I thought that having Indy be the last race to earn points into the countdown made even more valuable, plus being in the Motorsports Capitol of the world seemed like a smart place to end the regular season. IMO, that wasn't the smartest move.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back