2010 NHRA Full Throttle Schedule (1 Viewer)

JF

Nitro Member
50th annual Kragen O'Reilly NHRA Winternationals Feb. 11-14
Pomona, Calif.

26th annual NHRA Arizona Nationals Feb. 26-28 Phoenix

41st annual NHRA Gatornationals March 11-14 Gainesville, Fla. (PSM)

Inaugural NHRA Nationals March 25-28 Concord, N.C.

11th annual SummitRacing.com NHRA Nationals April 9-11 Las Vegas

23rd annual O'Reilly NHRA Spring Nationals April 16-18 Houston (PSM)

14th annual NHRA Midwest Nationals April 30 - May 2 St. Louis (PSM)

30th annual Summit Racing Equipment NHRA Southern Nationals May 14-16 Commerce, Ga. (PSM)

22nd annualO'Reilly NHRA Summer Nationals May 21-23 Topeka, Kan.

13th annual United Association Route 66 NHRA Nationals June 3-6 Chicago (PSM)

41st annual United Association NHRA SuperNationals June 10-13 Englishtown, N.J. (PSM)

10th annual NHRA Thunder Valley Nationals June 18-20
Bristol, Tenn.

Fourth annual Summit Racing Equipment NHRA Nationals June 24-27 Norwalk, Ohio (PSM)

23rd annual NHRA Northwest Nationals July 9-11 Seattle

23rd annual FRAM-Autolite NHRA Nationals July 16-18 Sonoma, Calif. (PSM)

31st annual Mopar Mile-High NHRA Nationals July 23-25 Denver (PSM)

29th annual Lucas Oil NHRA Nationals Aug. 12-15 Brainerd, Minn. (PSM)

23rd annual O'Reilly NHRA Mid-South Nationals Aug. 20-22
Memphis, Tenn. (PSM)

56th annual Mac Tools U.S. Nationals Sept. 1-6 Indianapolis (PSM)

Third annual NHRA Carolinas Nationals Sept. 16-19 Concord, N.C. (PSM)

25th annual O'Reilly NHRA Fall Nationals Sept. 23-26 Dallas (PSM)

26th annual Toyo Tires NHRA Nationals Oct. 7-10 Reading, Pa. (PSM)

10th annual NHRA Las Vegas Nationals Oct. 28-31 Las Vegas (PSM)

46th annual Automobile Club of Southern California NHRA Finals Nov.11-14 Pomona, Calif. (PSM)

bristol got moved to june ,the week after e-town, and no virginia. looks like nhra screwed the north east. it would be hard to attend bristol and e-town back to back, and no vmp...... WTF!

It's nice to see the end of the August/Maple Grove experiment. Some of the best years of that race (01, 04 and 06) were in October. Maple Grove's ability to draw during the college football season may have had some influence ih this decision. Charlotte in March would probably be good to go to as well. I wonder if they are setting Memphis up to be a lame duck, because that would sure be a nice time to run in New Hampshire in 2011.

I'm really PO'ed about losing Va. Motorsports Park. We have/had a great spot in the trackside camping area, really enjoyed being next to the people that we camped beside of, closest track to where we live, and by the ET's that were being run there last year, it looks like they had the track problems pretty much solved. And they moved Bristol to June, when it will more than likely be stifling hot in the Valley. NHRA may have just freed up some of my spare money for me.

If this year was any kind of example, March is not a good month to schedule drag racing in North Carolina. It isn't warm, and March is the wettest month of the year there.

The change in the Western Swing schedule will be strange to get used to. However, I don't personally have a problem with the Seattle date since the current date was in conflict with many other activities in the Puget Sound region. Even so, the change is certainly going to effect the LODRS date at Woodburn.

Last edited:
I have to admit I am one that said the old schedule made no sense. I give it up to them for making an effort. I am willing to give it a wait and see. :)

I'm really PO'ed about losing Va. Motorsports Park. We have/had a great spot in the trackside camping area, really enjoyed being next to the people that we camped beside of, closest track to where we live, and by the ET's that were being run there last year, it looks like they had the track problems pretty much solved. And they moved Bristol to June, when it will more than likely be stifling hot in the Valley. NHRA may have just freed up some of my spare money for me.

Not renewing my membership, Somehow going to scrape up the money to attend "MY LAST (pro) DRAG RACE" this October... and NO, I'm not driving 287 miles south to go to Charlotte, even if it will cost me nothing to stay there.

NHRA made their call. Now I'm Making Mine

d'kid

bristol got moved to june ,the week after e-town, and no virginia. looks like nhra screwed the north east. it would be hard to attend bristol and e-town back to back, and no vmp...... WTF!

That's why I don't go to Topeka,It's too close to Madison and Joliet.I wish they would move Joliet to the fall.

Don't get the Virginia move, They love their racing there, Last year I went to the divisional and the place was damn near packed and that was the weekend of the cup race too!

Think the economy seems to be taking a harder hit in the Virginia area from what i hear.

Bristol in June will be hot but doable!

Reading i n October,great now it will snow at that race lol.

Wonder why the Western Swing got changed around?

Interesting question. Denver to Seattle is about the same distance to do in week as Sonoma to Denver. Weather can't be that much different within a couple of weeks.

Only thing I can think is that starting in Seattle lets people get there on their own schedule (couple weeks off before) and that when the swing is done they're in Denver, 1000+ miles closer to the Indiana home bases for the couple weeks off afterward.

Sure will play havoc with the D6 schedule, though...

Since I moved away the Reading date always was a conflict with my family vacation. Now the date is moved to October, I will be there. The race in October was always FAST! I can't wait until next year.

is virginia motorsports park loosing their sanction or just the national event? god I hope it doesn't go back to the "I" side, but I guess it doesn't matter without a national event. at least ADRL is on the schedule for next year!

It sucks when a race goes away.

The Houston race moved.. and while I lost my hotel because I didn't move the reservation first thing this morning :mad:.. the mid April date actually works better for me, and I am happy we still have a race.

Well, I will have to wait a few more weeks in the spring to go to a race, but the upside is there is little chance for the Houston race to be light jacket wearing weather. I'm OK with it.....as long as it's not one of our wet Aprils. I don't know how many times Easter egg hunts have been rained out here. Wait! It rains in March too. I guess I have few complaints. LOL

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back