2008 ROTY - Ashley Force (1 Viewer)

She had a great car towards the end of the year. Could of won Dallas, should of won Vegas, and she was going right down the track consistantly in Pomona. Top 10 after skipping 2 races and withdrawing halfway through another is pretty darn good in my opinion.

Stop and consider her performance as a ROOKIE not as Ashley Force daughter of John. She has done remarked well considering all that has happened this year. She already has accomplished more in some respects than any other female funny car driver. I know that grates on her to hear that but that is the way people think.

As a driver I think she has shown improvement as the season went on. You know looking back she could have won or at least had a very good opportunity to win a number of times except circumtances got in the way.

All in all I think she has earned it. Besides she will be up on stage twice. Once as number 10 in points and once as the ROTY. And that can't be all bad..... :D

jim

Terry Jones will be along shortly to correct all the uninformed reminding you that she still isn't fit to be in a race car and how many of the other Pro drivers (who are still remaining unnamed) will refuse to line up next to her.

Last edited:
I can say that I'm very proud of what she has accomplished as a Rookie, as well as her accomplishments with the media. She deserves ROTY!

Road to the Future is probably a good title for her this year. If she keeps working hard, she could do good for the NHRA on the track as well as off. She brought a lot of media attention to the NHRA in '07.

Needs to work on reaction time. She got drilled at the tree a number of times and had the quicker car.

She improved her defensive driving when problems arise- something only experience can teach. Great job in handling the car at Vegas when it was on fire. And, she ain't boo-hooing like she did at the Winternats.

Honorable mention to Peggy Lewellyn, even though she's not a rookie, great outing by that George Bryce team on her first full season of competing.

GOOD JOB ASHLEY!! :D:D:D:D

she did great this year, and earned this award. Showed a huge amount of promise and improvement as the year went on.

Terry Jones will be along shortly to correct all the uninformed reminding you that she still isn't fit to be in a race car and how many of the other Pro drivers (who are still remaining unnamed) will refuse to line up next to her.

You must have been reading my mind as that's just what I thought when I saw this thread.

Congrats on the ROTY award. She has progressed nicely throughout the year and was a serious threat to win a race at the end of the year. Hopefully, next year will be a much better year for the entire Force Team.

She looked like a completely different driver these last few races, from what she was earlier in the year. You know she`ll get better on her reaction times and getting this most difficult rookie season behind her is only going to make her that much better. Thankfully, `07 is over for JFR and I look for big things from her in `08. Congrats on the ROTY award Ashley, you deserved it!!

I think she has done fantastic. She made "rookie" mistakes because, well... She was a ROOKIE!!!! She owned up to every mistake and improved all season long. She had a great car (which ANY rookie would need to get that award) and drove it well.

Congratulations to a deserving Ashley Force!!!!!!!!!

congrats ashley! great job! she has done tons for our sport, bringing in new, younger fans and going mainstream with the nhra! good luck in 08 ashley!!!!!

I'm impressed by her humility.

Gives it up constantly ("my guys") for what they provide for her.

Grounded I believe is the word. Wally is definately in her near future.

Congrats to Ashley. Yes, she could have won Dallas and should have won LV2 if it wasn't for the blow belt. Just thinkin, if she won LV2, Hight could have been the champion.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back