17 year old racing at National Event? (1 Viewer)

It's open registration now at Indy, if the class you wish to participate in is not full or someone drops out (like what happened to quite a few classes on Monday) you can get in with 0 (zero) grade points. I think you may just have an additional "late entry" fee to pay.

Interesting info, Jeremy. I sure didn't know that--thanks for filling us in.

I am confused , what is the issue behind the age issue for this kid ?

The problem is there are some people who piss and moan everytime some young kid gets to drive either b/c of age or b/c they havent ran a div. race or b/c of who there daddy is. Its stupid. Just be happy for them and that you have another car showing up to race. Its get old. I didnt think we'd every hear the end of it when the Force girls started racing.

So basically, there isint a problem. Just people looking to b*tch about something.

Zack drove Randy Meyer's car at a couple of LODRS events earlier this year. Diana Harker drove the car in Dunkin' Donuts colors at Gainesville and Atlanta. She was driving the car because Zack wasn't 18 yet. He is now so he will be driving.

And I'm pretty sure that D.C. still runs divisional races. I think he runs more than anyone on the planet except maybe Biondo-LOL

Alan

Zack drove Randy Meyer's car at a couple of LODRS events earlier this year. Diana Harker drove the car in Dunkin' Donuts colors at Gainesville and Atlanta. She was driving the car because Zack wasn't 18 yet. He is now so he will be driving.

And I'm pretty sure that D.C. still runs divisional races. I think he runs more than anyone on the planet except maybe Biondo-LOL

Alan
Thanks Alan, and you are probably correct on D.C. I do remember now that he was running divisionals while Cagnazzi was sponsor-searching. But have there ever been exceptions made to wave the Divisional grade point count to allow someone to run a National event? Seems like there was a situation like that several years ago, but my feeble brain doesn't remember any particulars. Can ya help out a feeble minded ol Super Gas racer here?:D

Terry,

I don't claim to know all the exceptions, but here goes. What was said about Grade Points is correct. After that, a former National Champion can always get in. That's why David Rampy can run all the nationals he wants, without ever going to a divisional. That's also why Bo Nickens ran Indy a couple of years ago without having run a divisional for a couple of years. I believe that the defending Champ of that particular event also gets an entry without needing to meet the other requirments. There have been instances where a JR racer moving into the big cars gets a pass, based on the promise of running divisionals in the upcoming year.

That's a few that I'm aware of,

Alan

The problem is there are some people who piss and moan everytime some young kid gets to drive either b/c of age or b/c they havent ran a div. race or b/c of who there daddy is. Its stupid. Just be happy for them and that you have another car showing up to race. Its get old. I didnt think we'd every hear the end of it when the Force girls started racing.

So basically, there isint a problem. Just people looking to b*tch about something.

Justin I was not looking to ***** or piss and moan (although I am jealous) because a young kid is running. I saw on both nhra.com and competitionplus.com that a 17 year old was going to run a national event and questioned when his b-day was because of the new rule this year. I know plenty of sportsman racers that have not been able to run at national events this year after competing the last 1 or 2 years at 16 & 17 years old

The Force girls all started in super comp before they moved up. Not sure Zach Beard raced a drag car before TAD. I am sure I will be corrected if I am wrong. From what I understand, he did race something and was very good at it, but didn't drag race till now.

Wasn't there an issue at one of the national events where one of Force's daughters was allowed to race even though she had no grade points and NHRA had turned other racers down that had grade points?

Terry,

I don't claim to know all the exceptions, but here goes. What was said about Grade Points is correct. After that, a former National Champion can always get in. That's why David Rampy can run all the nationals he wants, without ever going to a divisional. That's also why Bo Nickens ran Indy a couple of years ago without having run a divisional for a couple of years. I believe that the defending Champ of that particular event also gets an entry without needing to meet the other requirments. There have been instances where a JR racer moving into the big cars gets a pass, based on the promise of running divisionals in the upcoming year.

That's a few that I'm aware of,

Alan

Bingo, Alan! Bo Nickens is the one and the former champ deal was the reason he was allowed to run. Now the fog clears and I can remember it clearly after someone reminds me. Thanks, Alan.

I believe Zach is a pretty serious Kart racer, and if anyone here has ever driven a race Kart (as opposed to a lawn or fun kart) I think they'll agree they are pretty serious little machines, especially the shifter Karts. Many top Indy car guys race them in the off season to stay sharp. I'm excited that Beard's kid wants to go fuel racing, because his experience could easily lead him into other types of racing. Let's hope Dunkin' Donuts wants to get more involved. Now here's a bit of trivia---I may be wrong--but didn't this whole 17 vs. 18 yr. old issue come up a few years ago when Casey Powell's daughter was going fuel racing? I think that's when the rule was changed from needing to be 18 to turning 18 during the season.

David and Lori this is what I was refering to when I said I wasn't p&m
Originally Posted by Justin League
"The problem is there are some people who piss and moan everytime some young kid gets to drive either b/c of age or b/c they havent ran a div. race or b/c of who there daddy is. Its stupid. Just be happy for them and that you have another car showing up to race. Its get old. I didnt think we'd every hear the end of it when the Force girls started racing."
So basically, there isint a problem. Just people looking to b*tch about something."

David and Lori this is what I was refering to when I said I wasn't p&m
Originally Posted by Justin League
"The problem is there are some people who piss and moan everytime some young kid gets to drive either b/c of age or b/c they havent ran a div. race or b/c of who there daddy is. Its stupid. Just be happy for them and that you have another car showing up to race. Its get old. I didnt think we'd every hear the end of it when the Force girls started racing."
So basically, there isint a problem. Just people looking to b*tch about something."
We're all on the same page there, Phil..it's cool.

Justin has a point..and I don't think he was aiming at you.

Justin I was not looking to ***** or piss and moan (although I am jealous) because a young kid is running. I saw on both nhra.com and competitionplus.com that a 17 year old was going to run a national event and questioned when his b-day was because of the new rule this year. I know plenty of sportsman racers that have not been able to run at national events this year after competing the last 1 or 2 years at 16 & 17 years old

Phillip, that wasnt exactly directed at you. Just a response to the thread topic itself. And Glenn Hearn is right, one of the Force daughters and I dont remember which one now was able to get in and all the racers were in upheaval over it a few years ago.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back