1000'ft Protest in Denver!!!! (1 Viewer)

Joe, I didn't know how to take it since I saw this exact post on more then 1 site and how you have been outspoken on 1,000 ft racing. Maybe right now is not the time to be joking about this subject given what has occurred since June 21st and many people's emotions are still running high.

Paul, all due respect, this will NEVER be a joke to me.

I'm not implying that you, per se', think it is, it's just that it was so bad being there, that it hit the gut like a sledgehammer.

I'll never forget the pain.:(

so the joke........I'll never get it, ever.

REX

Reminder: Cyber communications only have the tone that we read into them. What you think you read is not what I meant comes to mind. There's a lot of passionate folks here and some if not many are sensitive due to the recent loss of life. Let's all try to remember that before we hit the "send" button. There's a Drag race next weekend. Let's just see how it plays out.

Paul, all due respect, this will NEVER be a joke to me.

I'm not implying that you, per se', think it is, it's just that it was so bad being there, that it hit the gut like a sledgehammer.

I'll never forget the pain.:(

so the joke........I'll never get it, ever.

REX

I agree, this will never be a joke in my mind. I was just implying posting a joke about a NHRA safety measure 3 weeks after the sport just lost a great champion was poor judgment, IMO.

Well I guess an apology's in order to those who feel this was in poor taste, I just felt that since this place has been on Code red for the past 2 weeks I felt a light hearted joke was needed to break the stress of it all! But I resent the fact that some feel this is an insult to the Kalitta team, I regret what happened to Scott just as much as anyone. And if burning the candles on both ends stressing my ass off about this whole ordeal Non-stop is somehow showing concern than I'll leave that to everyone else. Carry on T-rex!:confused:

Last edited:
Joe, for what I've read and heard about Scott, your protest would have cracked him up, by the way i caught it right off and I don't see it being bad or dis-hearting in anyway against the Kalitta family.

This nitpicking is cutting into the planning time for this protest. Maybe it'll have to wait until Seattle? If that's the case let me know where and when.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back