Team Press Releases

Pomona ‘09 event champ capps set for nhra season start

POMONA, Calif. (Feb. 8, 2010) - Ron Capps is ready to get the 23-event 2010 NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series started this weekend at the 50th annual Winternationals as the defending Funny Car event champion. He's also proud to be one of 30 different Funny Car champions of the Winternationals in its 49 years.

"Every year we get excited about what the upcoming year will be like," said Capps, who claimed a class-best five victories in 2009 and finished third in points. "And this year...

Pro stock sophomore gruninger ready for new season

[coverattach=1]Denver, Colo. – 23-year old NHRA Pro Stock driver Danny Gruninger is race ready and mentally prepared for the 2010 NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series to begin.

The sophomore Pro Stock driver from Denver, Colo. enters the 50th Kragen O'Reilly Winternationals at Pomona, Calif., Feb. 11-14, with a rejuvenated spirit and freshly built 500-cubic inch Mopar Hemi engine prepared by former NHRA Pro Stock Truck champion Bob Panella. His Jerry Haas built 2007 Dodge Stratus will hit historic...

Attachments

• mail.jpg
    mail.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 10

Langdon cherishes his spot among legends at 50th annual Winternationals

POMONA, Calif. (Feb. 7) -- As the NHRA prepares to conduct one of its most historic drag races ever, sophomore Lucas Oil Top Fuel driver Shawn Langdon finds it hard to believe he'll actually be competing in the 50th annual Kragen O'Reilly NHRA Winternationals at Auto Club Raceway in Pomona.

Growing up just south of the racetrack in the farming community of Mira Loma, Langdon guesses he's attended 15 or so Winternationals as a fan, pseudo crewmember for his dad, and Sportsman racer. But to...

Shane Gray set to debut at the Winternationals

[coverattach=1]Las Vegas, Pro Stock Showdown: Second-generation racer, Shane Gray has officially joined the Pro ranks earning his Pro Stock license during the Pro Stock Showdown at The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. With the ink still wet on his license, Gray will make his debut at the 50th annual Kragen O’Reilly Auto Parts NHRA Winternationals presented by Valvoline, at the Auto Club Raceway at Pomona. He will join his dad, veteran driver, Johnny Gray in the second Gray Motorsports Pontiac GXP...

Attachments

• mail.jpg
    mail.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 1

Jackson and bartone looking for 2010 improvement

[coverattach=1]Santa Clarita, Calif. – Many racers would consider winning three NHRA events in one season a successful accomplishment. Not the Rick Jackson Racing Top Alcohol Funny Car team however.

The potent Top Alcohol Funny Car team based in Santa Clarita, Calif. concluded the 2009 season with a sub-par, tire-rattling first round exit. The run was a microcosm of the entire season. “We did a great job last year finding out every possible way to lose a race,” noted team owner Rick Jackson. “From...

Attachments

• mail.jpg
    mail.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 8

With record debut in the books, Nitro Jam shifts focus to Baton Rouge

[coverattach=1]Fans ready to party at Mardi Gras Nitro Jam

NORWALK, Ohio (February 5, 2010) – With one of the largest debut weekends in IHRA history in the books the newly redesigned Nitro Jam series now shifts its focus to one of the most exciting stops on its 10-event North American tour – State Capitol Raceway’s Mardi Gras Nitro Jam.

Last year’s event at State Capitol Raceway was an overwhelming success with a packed house both Saturday and Sunday watching Bruce Litton and many others...

Attachments

• image007.jpg
    image007.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 132

John Force Racing Partners with Simpson Performance Products

[coverattach=1]New Braunfels, TX (February 9, 2010, For Immediate Release) Simpson Performance Products and John Force Racing have reached an agreement naming Simpson as the official safety gear for John Force Racing, beginning with the 2010 NHRA Full Throttle season. The partnership between the two companies will further the safety initiatives undertaken by The Eric Medlen Project, a safety initiative that grew out of the tragedy that claimed the life of promising young driver, Eric Medlen...

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 12

“ideal” timing for old friends, fellow drag racers and now nhra -funny car team owner

Fellow Drag Racers, NHRA Premier Crew Chief Tony Shortall and NHRA Funny Car team driver / owner Jeff Diehl have built on an “Ideal Opportunity” to become NHRA Funny Car Team Owners.

The team of Shortall and Diehl, being formally introduced here as Ideal Racing, will make their NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series debut as Funny Car Team Owners on February 11, 2010 at the 50th Annual NHRA Winter Nationals in Pomona, CA.

Jeff Diehl drove for ROCKSTAR Energy Drink in his IHRA Funny...

Steve Torrence, Tuttle Motorsports to pursue NHRA Top Fuel playoff berth

[coverattach=1]Steve Torrence’s NHRA media guide information lists hunting as one of his hobbies, and its season happens to come at a time when the Top Fuel driver from Kilgore, Texas has some spare time.

“Over the last few years, I’ve become an avid hunter,” he said. “I started hunting with my friends. My dad didn’t hunt at all, but last year I took him hunting for the first time. I like spending time in the woods; it’s life at its simplest . . . and that’s an enjoyable experience for me.”...

Attachments

• mail.jpg
    mail.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 38
Back