Team Press Releases

SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (June 9, 2010) – Dale Pulde and the International Hot Rod Association. It is a combination that helped launch the career of the legendary Funny Car driver and helped elevate the IHRA’s Funny Car class to near rockstar status during the late 70s and early 80s. [cid:[email protected]] Pulde will pilot the famous ‘War Eagle’ at Salt Lake City During that timeframe Pulde won three IHRA World Championships in Nitro Funny Car and compiled an impressive 20 victories and 35 final rounds – both good enough for first all-time in the class. Pulde also recorded a number of “firsts” in the history of the class and went on to become one of the most recognizable stars in the sport. His career reached a...
[coverattach=1]SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (June 14, 2010) – After an overwhelmingly successful five month tour of the southeast, with stops in Florida, Louisiana and North Carolina, the Nitro Jam Tour is packing up and heading west for huge weekend of racing at Salt Lake City’s Rocky Mountain Raceways. The upcoming Salt Lake Nitro Jam has the drag racing industry buzzing as the largest drag racing entertainment show in the nation takes its new act west to one of the most beautiful racing facilities in the nation. [cid:[email protected]] Huge crowds are expected at the debut Salt Lake Nitro Jam “I can’t wait to take Nitro Jam out west. Last year Salt Lake City was a new market for us as we tested out the new format and...
2010 Mopar® HEMI® Challenge Race Series Kicks Off at NHRA National Hot Rod Reunion HEMI® cars will battle at Beech Bend Raceway in Bowling Green, Ky., on June 18–19 Auburn Hills, Mich. — The 10th edition of the Mopar® HEMI® Challenge Race Series will make its first-ever appearance at the storied Beech Bend Raceway in Bowling Green, Ky., pitting the nation’s fastest SS/AH 1968 HEMI Darts and Barracudas against each other during the NHRA National Hot Rod Reunion (NHRR), June 18–19. Perennial favorites Jim Daniels, winner of two 2009 Mopar HEMI Challenge events in his 1968 Dodge Dart, and Charlie Westcott Jr., driving his new War Fish ’68 Plymouth Barracuda, will be among the field of entries that will highlight the racing card at...
[coverattach=1]Carpenter Disappointed with Another Early Exit (6-13-2010) MARTIN, MI – Needing to go rounds after a first round loss at last month’s ADRL Speedtech US Drags, Pro Nitrous veteran Charles Carpenter looked to be in prime position to do just that at the ADRL Ford Drive One Summer Drags VI at US 131 Motorsports Park in Martin, MI. After a solid 3.956 effort in Friday’s final qualifying session put Carpenter third heading into eliminations, the team failed to capitalize on the opportunity and suffered a first round loss to Thomas Myers. Carpenter had the advantage off the starting line, but his freshly-painted ’55 Chevy went into violent tire shake early in the run, forcing Carpenter to lift off the throttle as Myers...
Less than 45 minutes after losing his semifinal Pro Stock Motorcycle race to Michael Phillips, Matt Smith was studying the run on his computer. “It looks like we broke a crankshaft,” Smith said with a shake of his head. “If we’re lucky, that’s the only thing that broke.” Phillips left the line first and Smith was playing catch up when the crankshaft quit and his Al-Anabi Racing Buell immediately slowed, coasting to the finish line in 11.815 seconds at 68.15. Phillips, meanwhile, advanced to the finals with a 6.992 at 190.46. “Overall, we had a good weekend,” he noted. “We won two rounds and we had tough races all day.” He began eliminations with a victory over David Hope, 6.957 at 190.48 to 7.031 at...
Angie Smith can’t hold off Stoffer in first round of SuperNationals. For the second consecutive Sunday, Angie Smith recorded a stellar reaction time in the opening round of an NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series event. Last week, she was able to defeat her opponent, but it was a different outcome this time in the SuperNationals at Raceway Park. Smith, riding the Karl and Kim Klement Coffman Tank Trucks Pro Stock Buell, had a .012 reaction to Karen Stoffer’s .050, but it wasn’t a large enough cushion. Stoffer came back to light the win light in 6.942 seconds at 188.75 mph to Smith’s 7.028 at 186.12. “I can’t complain,” Smith said. “I made a good run . . . it was straight, and I had a good light. I just ran...
[coverattach=1]Event: 41st annual United Association NHRA SuperNationals Location: Old Bridge Township Raceway Park, Englishtown, NJ Day/Date: Sunday, June 13, 2010 Over the last several races Greg Anderson and the Summit Racing team had been working to improve their performance in hot and humid conditions. Therefore, with a warm and sticky day forecast for Sunday’s final eliminations of the United Association NHRA Nationals in Englishtown, NJ, they knew they had their work cut out for them. Their day got off to a strange start when, in the first round against veteran Larry Morgan, it appeared Anderson’s day had been cut short despite outrunning his opponent 6.635 to 6.670. However, a quick review of the video and the...
O'Reilly Raceway park, Clermont, IN - The stage doesn't get any bigger than Indy when it comes to motorsports. For the country's elite vintage drag racing teams, the Goodguys Hot Rod Nationals at O'Reilly Raceway Park is their one chance per year to say they too won Indy. Per tradition, the Goodguys Hot Rod Nationals fills every inch but the paved oval on O'Reilly Raceway Park's expansive property. It's wall to wall chrome, flames, nitro fumes and candy paint. With 10 eliminator classes and exhibitions by the Geezer Gasser's and Nostalgia Super Stockers, this year's event kept the drag strip busy all day. The Nostalgia Top Fuel field was the largest it's ever been here in Indy with 12 fire breathing front motored...
ENGLISHTOWN, N.J. (June 13, 2010) - Susan Green, of Woodstown, N.J., was selected as the 11th NAPA AUTO PARTS Honorary Crew Member of the 2010 NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series today at the 41st annual NHRA SuperNationals at Old Bridge Township Raceway Park. Assistant manager at Williams Auto Parts in Salem, N.J., a NAPA AUTO PARTS store, Ms. Green is a long-time race fan, having grown up around dirt tracks, NASCAR and even drag strips. "I've been to races before I was born," she said. "My father loved dirt-track racing, and I always went to the races with him as a 'wee' little kid. I used to cry when he wouldn't take me. "I was born in Salem, N.J., and we did have a '73 Chevy Camaro Z28 bracket car in the '70s," added...
Back