Your 10 favourite production cars (1 Viewer)

Hutch

Nitro Member
These are my 10 favourite production cars, what are yours?

'56 Ford Fairlane 500 Skyliner.

'57 Chevy BelAir 2Dr Convertible.

'63 Chevy Stingray.

'64 Ford Thunderbolt.

'67 Ford Shelby Mustang GT 500.

'67 Mercury Cougar 2Dr.

'68 Dodge Charger R/T.

'70 Plymouth Hemi-Cuda.

'71 Buick Riviera GS.

'73 Pontiac Trans Am.

I live in England but I've always liked American cars.:cool::cool:

A mix of old, new and recent and a couple of trucks....

1970 Chevelle SS 454

1987 Buick Grand National

1979 Cadillac Coupe Deville

1996 Impala SS (aka the good version)

1969 Camaro Z/28

2007+ Cadillac Escalade ESV

2009 Cadillac CTS-V

2011 Ford F-450 (how could you not like 24,000lb towing and over 720ft/lbs of torque for the new Diesel).

2008+ Dodge Challenger

'63 Corvette Stingray

Last edited:
Here's a few that I get to enjoy daily:
dadlb1.jpg

IMG_0925.jpg

Duece2.jpg

crew1.jpg

No Sam. That's a clean old street car. Roll bars are for race cars and I strongly believe in the separation of Strip and Street. Look! No Roll bar but my wife did the entire interior herself. This is about the 6th Camaro she's done complete and her work on boats isn't bad either!

camaro2.jpg

IMG_0896.jpg

Now back to your regularly scheduled discussion on your ten favorite production cars. I love how these threads show everyone's variety.

65 Belvedere
69 Nova
63 Corvair
69 Chevelle
68/69 Charger
68/69 Cuda
69/70 Mustang
69 Camaro
57 Nomad
05 Stang

Also
67 Fairlane/Comet hardtops and Wagons
67 Nova

y'all see a pattern here
stuff I've driven over the years... and my '95 GEO Metro

d'kid

1968 Roadrunner
1969 Chevelle SS396
1968 Barracuda
1962 Impala
1963 Corvette
1964 GTO
1959 Cadillac
1967 GTX
1969 Mustang
1969 Olds 442

1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS454 LS6
1969 Chevrolet Camaro SS/RS
2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS/RS
2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
1970 Pontiac Trans Am
1955 Chevrolet Nomad
Porsche 997 GT2

1. 1967 Oldsmobile 442. Any flavor will do. (Check my avatar, did you really need to ask????) ;)

2. 1940 Ford Deluxe Opera Coupe. There is a story behind this. It was my uncle's car. Primer red, with a red and white tuck and roll interior. The dash had a Hurst decal that said, "Caution. This car is equipped with a Hurst shifter. Excessive force may injure your hand!" W/ Olds J2. My uncle took me for a ride in 1963, when I was 10 years old, and, happily for me, (And to my Mom's chagrin.) things were never the same again. :) He sold it without telling me in the late eighties. I was furious. with him, because had I known, I would have bought it in a hearbeat. Boy, was I pi$$ed! I mean that! I WANTED that car. (And he KNEW that, too, dammit!) I never quite forgave him for that. (Well.....I did......kinda....... but, you know.........) I don't know what he was thinking, and he never told me. :(

3. 1955 Chevrolet pickup. They're just so cool looking. Plus, my grandma owned one. I have fond memories of it from my childhood.

4. 1968 Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser, with the 400 cu/in turnpike cruiser w/400 turbo option. (I still have the drivetrain in the garage, with plans to stick it in my '55 pickup. Yes, the one above. It's not my grandma's pickup, but I've GOT one by golly! :D Eases the sting of the loss of my uncle's Ford. )

5. !976 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme. No question. Simply one of the two best car I've ever owned. Minnesota salt did it in. From what I've been told, the drive train STILL LIVES in a '71 Cutlass convert. I'd like to have it back. It was a great car. I'll never own another white interior though......

6. 2001 Buick Regal. This is the next best car I've ever owned. I LOVE this thing. Comfortable. Good stereo. Rock solid reliable. Nice ride. Handles well. Quiet, even on the highway. The 3.8 V6 is made of granite. It's 200 miles away from 200,000, and you still just twist the key, release it, it's running. Just-like-that. Plus, as anyone who reads the sportsman threads knows, I've even been racing it this year. (Got another report to write, by the way, stay tuned.) Don't you ever tell me that Detroit doesn't make a damn good car. You just have to buy the right one. The '76 Supreme BARELY nudged it out because of he Rocket V8. It was close.)

7. 1957 Oldsmobile Super 88 Holiday Coupe w/ J2 option. My roomate (in the mid to late '70's) had one. What a highway beast. He had a reproduction of the Motor Trend magazine review, and they said "This is not your drive around town car. This car is made for the highway." (Or to that effect.) You could be cruising along at 80, the engine was merely loafing. Tap the throttle, and that thing would just TAKE OFF! A highway cruiser supreme. Once, a guy at a gas station asked "What year?" When told "'57" said "Neat Chevy! Did you do the rear windows yourself????" 12mpg MAX IF you were behaving yourself. (Which we rarely did.) Oh, make that ethyl, tank yew.......

8. 1968 Ford Mustang. Don't know if I'd ever own one, but I LOVE the way they look. The "Bullitt Stang!" You gotta love 'em!

9. 1970 Dodge Daytona. I don't care what you think of them, these things just do it for me on a visceral level. They have from the first time I laid eyes on one in Hot Rod Magazine back in the fall of '69. Just as outrageous and "up front" as Harley Earl's '59 Caddy. Oh, make mine Hemi, please.

10. Any early Plymouth Barracuda "glassback". With that big a$$ed piece of rear window, it just looks so cool. The "Hurst Hemi Under Glass" is one of drag racing's best nostalgia cars. The cool thing is, I got to see one (Not sure which.) run down at KCIR back when they were the real deal. Once again, thanks to my '40 Ford Coupe owning uncle who took me there that night. (Yes! We took the coupe!) Same night I saw Jungle Jim, Dickie Harrell and Malcom Durham and someone else, don't remember, I think a local boy, run an "All Chevy" match race. What a show! What a crowd! What a night! And Jungle Pam to boot! (To this "normal" male teenager, Ooooh My.............sigh. Who could ask for more???) (I don't think my mom ever quite forgave my uncle for getting me hooked on cars like that. To her they were little more than toasters, something to be used up and thrown away. She never understood my fascination with them, and considered my focus on them a huge waste of energy.)

Sorry Ma, but, as you used to tell me, "that's rough!!!"

Last edited:
1970 Chevelle LS6
1969 Camaro ZL1
1967 Corvette L88
2006 Corvette Z06
1970 Mustang Mach 1
1970 Hemi Cuda
2008 Shelby Mustang
2009 Hemi Challenger
2002 Trans Am WS6 Conv
1999 Trans Am 30th Anniv

Just a few off the top of my head. Number 11 is any that I sold for a profit.:)

Of course, there's this one....
georginna-sams-albums-just-car-pics-collected-picture1104-one-just-hot.jpg

Or the Wedge...
Or the '68 Camaro pro-street...
Just too many choices... :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back