XTreme Rebellion/RumBum Buell Fast on Day 2 at Indy (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]Shawn Gann fourth after Saturday qualifying at Mac Tools U.S. Nationals

During Friday’s only round of qualifying, Gann drifted over into the left lane and hit the timing box at the finish line, causing a DQ for both him and Karen Stoffer. He said he felt the time was in the 7.01 range, but was confident his bike had more speed in it.

He was right.

In the first round of Saturday’s qualifying, Gann’s Buell put down an ET of 6.979 and a speed of 189.66 mph, putting him solidly in the field for the Mac Tools U.S. Nationals at O’Reilly Raceway Park.

“We knew we were fast off the truck,” he said. “We’ve been real consistent all year when we’re not having electrical problems. My reaction times have been good all year and I think we finally have the bike to win some rounds and what better place to have it than Indy. I feel real good about this race.

“We won the Pro Bike Shootout here in 2001 and I think we got a great shot of taking the Wally home this year.”

Sunday’s qualifying rounds for the NHRA Full Throttle Series Pro Stock Motorcycle class is 11:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. with Monday’s eliminations beginning at 11 a.m.

For more information about the Mac Tools U.S. Nationals at O’Reilly Raceway Park, visit them on the Web at OReillyRacewayPark.com. Event qualifying can be seen on ESPN2 Sunday at 11:30 a.m. EST and 5 p.m. Eliminations air at 1 p.m. EST Monday and again Friday at 3 a.m. The race can be heard via live streaming Sunday at NHRA.com.

Fans can follow Shawn Gann at Twitter.com/ShawnGann or on his page on Facebook.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back