World according to W.J. LOL (1 Viewer)

Nitro Member
Brief little question/answer session over on comp. plus with Warren Johnson. LOL I love it, simply love it. I really never rooted for him but always pull for Kurt. Maybe I'll start pulling for him and Larry Morgan more often. At least they got the balls to say what every other p.s driver thinks.

"The World According to Warren Johnson when it comes to NITRO RACING

In reality it’s just mechanical masochism. It’s not about racing. It’s about seeing how much you can blow up on that day. The only reason nitro racing exists is because of the NHRA’s delusional management."

Thats the dumbest thing I have ever heard, especially coming from WJ. Hey Warren, you should have said, "The only reason nitro racing exists is so NHRA can charge $50 a ticket and pack the racetrack with fans b/c PRO STOCK CANT." Retarded. And thats coming from a PS fan but I wouldnt ever pay $50 a day to watch Pro Stocks. And I agree its great racing, but Nitro is where its at fan wise by a million and especially getting newbies hooked.

WJ should be happy he's been able to make a living professional drag racing, b/c if it werent for nitro he wouldnt have been able to do that.

aye whats he on about , nitro has been around since the beginning of the sport pro stock certainly hasnt .

There's a reason the article begins:
"Love him or hate him" . . .

You can put me in the first category. I happen to know him and I'll say he's probably the best thing that's happened to my sons who build engines. His sharing of in-depth details has given them a short-cut to performance. Every time we meet up with him, he takes all the time in the world to visit and when he visits, he shares detailed information. Lots of the great minds won't be found sharing their wisdom. I left my sons in his pit at Fireturd when I went to pick up a bunch of parts we'd purchased from Mark Pawuk and it took me about an hour and a half to get everything transported out to my truck from their pits. When I returned, Warren was then asking them questions to learn a little more about what it was we do. He then gave some of the most sound advice they have acquired amid all their reading and associations with other great minds. I think the guy's as cool as any racer I've ever met. I'd also say he loves what he does as much as anybody I know.

As for his comments about fuel racing I believe it to be friendly banter as much as anything else. These guys have become one big family and any siblings have their rivalries. His humor is way to advanced for simple minds, I've learned however.

Justin lets his dislike of WJ overcome WJ's great sense of humor. I'm like Bobby,I know the man and I know his sense of humor. I talked to him on Wednesday and I had a few questions about some of his early Olds P/S cars. He stopped what he was doing and came to the phone to talk to me. He remembered the paint color of one of his cars of 22 years ago,nice for an old guy right? He loves to crack on people and most of his quotes are tongue in cheek. Wouldn't you think he knows the show is primarily the fuel cars? I guess he may be tired of smelling the nitro thrown into his pit on the warm up and tired of greasy tracks because of the huge explosions that the fans have come to love. Justin,this is tongue in cheek just like WJ's quotes.:p

"The World According to Warren Johnson when it comes to NITRO RACING

In reality it’s just mechanical masochism. It’s not about racing. It’s about seeing how much you can blow up on that day. The only reason nitro racing exists is because of the NHRA’s delusional management."

Thats the dumbest thing I have ever heard, especially coming from WJ. Hey Warren, you should have said, "The only reason nitro racing exists is so NHRA can charge $50 a ticket and pack the racetrack with fans b/c PRO STOCK CANT." Retarded. And thats coming from a PS fan but I wouldnt ever pay $50 a day to watch Pro Stocks. And I agree its great racing, but Nitro is where its at fan wise by a million and especially getting newbies hooked.

WJ should be happy he's been able to make a living professional drag racing, b/c if it werent for nitro he wouldnt have been able to do that.

Boy, you really nailed that one. I never realized how smart some of the people on this board really are!! Old WJ just has to be the dumbest drag racer in the pits. And the retarded part, well that describes him to a tee. You know Justin, old WJ should just get down on his knees, bow to the West (Glendora, in case you missed that part) and thank his lucky stars that they actually allow him to play in their sandbox.

You know, I can't think of anybody that would go to a race and actually want to see old WJ. He's not an innovator or a winner and what, with his limited knowledge of drag racing, why would anyone waste their time talking to an idiot like him. Especially if you were there, because I know you are real smart, just read your post.

Pat

"When only the best will do......call on a keyboard crew chief"

Let's be clear that was not Justin Levitte that said that... Not the brightest post...

I think the bigger issue for Warren these days is can he ever win a race again ? even tho’ he made it into the top 8 it appears he doesn't have the car to make up for those .100 RT’s he’s been producing all year.

w.j says whats on his mind and tells it like it is ! you gotta love that about him -love him or hate him.

Boy, you really nailed that one. I never realized how smart some of the people on this board really are!! Old WJ just has to be the dumbest drag racer in the pits. And the retarded part, well that describes him to a tee. You know Justin, old WJ should just get down on his knees, bow to the West (Glendora, in case you missed that part) and thank his lucky stars that they actually allow him to play in their sandbox.

You know, I can't think of anybody that would go to a race and actually want to see old WJ. He's not an innovator or a winner and what, with his limited knowledge of drag racing, why would anyone waste their time talking to an idiot like him. Especially if you were there, because I know you are real smart, just read your post.

Pat

Thanks so much for clearing that up because I was very confused.

The more stuff I read here the more I realize I didn't know. It's really good that the original poster decided to share his wisdom with us.

Pat

Pat, chill out. I didnt question WJ's ability or knowledge. He's a great engine builder and driver. I never said he had limited knowledge of drag racing or anything. All I said was that his comment was stupid and it is. I have alot or respect for WJ. Tell you what since my comment was so stupid, why dont you start a Pro Stock only racing association and charge $50 a day to get in and see how many people show up.

I did find WJ's comments funny... and I understand his statements about the Nitro Car... messing up the track for P/S...

I even understand some of the comments that people won't pay $50 a day to go see a P/S only show... but I would pay $35 bucks a day to go see an Alky show with P/S as a kicker, or even a Pro-Mod show w/ a P/S kicker...

But P/S is so far away from the whole concept in the early '70's, and they are now going over a second and a half quicker than the cars they thought were too quick and dangerous... but without the fires...

P/S WAS supposed to 'replace' A/FX and S/XS... in the hearts and minds of the fans... with Factory based cars, but Grump's birdcage Vega kinda killed that...

Yeah, 6.6 to 6.5 at 210 mph on carbs and gas impresses the heck out me... but an 8.6 second hemi SS/A impresses me more or a 8 second 4 banger super.

Grew up with Nitro, and AA/GS, AA/FA, A/FD, and AA/GD.... think that reflex's what impresses me...

Pat, chill out. I didnt question WJ's ability or knowledge. He's a great engine builder and driver. I never said he had limited knowledge of drag racing or anything. All I said was that his comment was stupid and it is. I have alot or respect for WJ. Tell you what since my comment was so stupid, why dont you start a Pro Stock only racing association and charge $50 a day to get in and see how many people show up.

Let me see, just because you made a stupid comment, you want me to put up my money to start a Pro Stock racing association. Hmmmmmmm. I got a better idea, why don't you just give me your money and I'll put up with your stupid comments.

Pat

Let me see, just because you made a stupid comment, you want me to put up my money to start a Pro Stock racing association. Hmmmmmmm. I got a better idea, why don't you just give me your money and I'll put up with your stupid comments.

Pat

Pat
He doesn't like WJ and never misses a chance to bash him. When he's called on it,he starts this I respect WJ and all he's done but blah blah blah. It sure is funny he's the only one who's had anything to say about WJ's comments,wonder why?

How are you enjoying life away from the tracK? are you missing it yet? You ought to go help the old man out during this countdown deal,maybe you can settle him down.LOL.:D

I did find WJ's comments funny... and I understand his statements about the Nitro Car... messing up the track for P/S...

Yeah, 6.6 to 6.5 at 210 mph on carbs and gas impresses the heck out me... but an 8.6 second hemi SS/A impresses me more or a 8 second 4 banger super.

I'm with ya' Karl...I'll take a SS/AA car anytime. When Jeggie was driving the second SS/AA West Coast Hemi's car he told me that it was the most fun driving he's ever had. Those are some unbelievable cars!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back