With Saddness RIP Henry Gutierrez (1 Viewer)

I saw him at the SA IHRA race Bodie won. He seemed like a real nice guy. It's a sad day for his family and friends.

So sad to hear this, Henry was a really great guy who loved his racing. I just spent some time with him at the Dallas Fallnationals. RIP my friend.

RIP my friend.

IMG_1211.jpg

When I met Henry back around 2006/2007, he had just sold a part of his waste company that he had with a partner in Houston for millions, and he told me that he was going to build a Jungle Jim Nostalgia Funny Car. He said that he always dreamed of going funny car racing and was finally going to do it. This was the first car that he built, it was a cackle car, but it came out so spectacular that he eventually took it to Pomona and put it in the NHRA museum. Here, he took it to Jungle Jim's old house in Pennsylvania and took these pictures of it.
2745892580037142585fcyTZX_fs.jpg

2083593620037142585eRZeZD_fs.jpg

2061215730037142585yCrcZV_fs.jpg

He then built a second copy of it to go racing and hooked up Paul Smith and family to run the car. He also built a replica of the Brand X, as well as a red and blue Jungle Vega. Jon Capps, John and Mike Smith were his main drivers.
TM_JonCapps-in-JungleJim-tribute.jpg

BrandX-mustang-aafc.jpg

This was at the IHRA race in San Antonio where "Bodie won, Mike Smith drove the blue car.
DSC_1094-copy.jpg

JM.Hallas_BodieSmith.jpg

Jungle-Jim-San-Antonio-15.jpg

Henry sponsored Spencer Massey for a few NHRA and IHRA races in Mitch King's car, and he sponsored several of Paul Smith's big show cars though his Bexar Waste company. He most recently sponsored Blake Alexander in Dallas this past October.

http://www.nhra.com/story/2008/4/1/27866/

blake-alexander-nhra.jpg

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back