Will Mike Neff ever catch a break? (1 Viewer)

----NONE----

Nitro Member
Even though Ron Capps ran VERY well in the final, I would have liked to see Mike Neff at least have a shot....

It seems like every time he's in a final, something happens to his car. Oh well, you'll get your first win soon Mike!

Maybe it's my dark side connection to Mike.....but I really would like to see Zippy win one soon! :)

Mike's obviously too nice of a guy to ever catch a break. Nice guys finish last, haven't you heard?

Sure seems to be the way things go in his case....jeesh...

That would have been a really really good race.
Sucks that cable broke. No one likes to win like that.
I thought I heard Ace or Ron say they would give the trophy to Mr. Medlen if they won. :cool:

They will get a win. Not a matter of "if", but "when".

It's all my fault. All of my "pick the winners" choices lost in the final ... Zippy ... Bud Prince ... KJ.

I ran into Mike at a resturant last night and he was OK with it. He said that when he pushed the clutch after the burnout the linkage broke and he knew he was done. Then his first thought was to get out of the way so he wouldn't mess up Ron's run, he even hit the gas a little instead of idling so he wouldn't make Ron wait any longer than he had to. As far as what Ron ran, Mike said that he "Wasn't set up to run a 10" He also said "I don't know if we could have beat him, but we were trying to run pretty good as well".

He then said that as much as he wants to win one, he really didn't want to win without Medlen. He said that it just wouldn't be as much fun to go to the winners circle if John wasn't with him.

Classy Guy on both counts.

Alan

I ran into Mike at a resturant last night and he was OK with it. He said that when he pushed the clutch after the burnout the linkage broke and he knew he was done. Then his first thought was to get out of the way so he wouldn't mess up Ron's run, he even hit the gas a little instead of idling so he wouldn't make Ron wait any longer than he had to. As far as what Ron ran, Mike said that he "Wasn't set up to run a 10" He also said "I don't know if we could have beat him, but we were trying to run pretty good as well".

He then said that as much as he wants to win one, he really didn't want to win without Medlen. He said that it just wouldn't be as much fun to go to the winners circle if John wasn't with him.

Classy Guy on both counts.

Alan

He seems to be a pretty humble guy. I really hope he can get to the winner's circle soon. I saw the part on the show when he told John Medlen that they didn't want to get the first without him. Very classy.

You mean other than getting one of the best rides in the business? Seems like a pretty good break to me!
Tim

total class act! zippy rules! i hope he can win many this year , he deserves it as well as the entire team .

Alan, I thought that about Mike when he said it at the end of the show. "That's OK....we didn't want to get our first win without Medlen here." Very sentimental. Who knew? Too cool....and to have John on the phone was a great treat!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back