Wild Horse (1 Viewer)

Cliff

Nitro Member
Got an e mail from Wild Horse Raceway Park in Phoenix. Sez that Ms Erin Berry is the new General Manager; has 16 years experience in racing, including Route 66 Raceway. I hope she works out well and can do things like fix the ticket mess. I was seriously thinking of not going to the nat'l event in 2018, cuz they screwed up my tickets so bad (& never responded to e mails I sent). Would like to see more races during the year compared to what they have now. Anyhoo, hope this is a sign that things will get better at Wild Horse.

There is a group of people who believe that WHP has the potential to be a premier motorsports facility, (I am one of those persons.) Unfortunately, those people were never at the track director (and above) level; Erin's already been there a little while in different functions and I'm hoping we have someone who can fill the facility with new activities and events; I think Tucson kicks our butt in that area, Jim and Matt got it rocking down there. We're beginning the new season in another week or so we'll see how it goes. Personally, I'd be happy if we can just finish a team race before 2am.

On another note, why haven't I met the both of you? If you race there, I'm usually the only photographer shooting so I'm kind of hard to miss.

I've not had the pleasure to meet Ms Berry but have had friendly relationships with past track managers and they all did the best that they thought they could do, sometimes things just don't jell, and I hope Ms Berry succeeds.

I've had issues with the track but I still try to fully support it in anyway I can. Unfortunately, this year has been that just about every time I take the car to the track, something major breaks so I've not been able to take the car to track which for me is probably the best way to support it.

I'm just about finished rebuilding the car, again, and will start going to WHP more specially when it starts to cool down, wearing a 5 layer suit when it's hot can get pretty miserable.

There is a group of people who believe that WHP has the potential to be a premier motorsports facility, (I am one of those persons.) Unfortunately, those people were never at the track director (and above) level; Erin's already been there a little while in different functions and I'm hoping we have someone who can fill the facility with new activities and events; I think Tucson kicks our butt in that area, Jim and Matt got it rocking down there. We're beginning the new season in another week or so we'll see how it goes. Personally, I'd be happy if we can just finish a team race before 2am.

On another note, why haven't I met the both of you? If you race there, I'm usually the only photographer shooting so I'm kind of hard to miss.

Chris, I'm just a spectator. If you see a guy with gray hair & gray mustache & goat & a big floppy hat, that's me. During the national event, I only go on Friday, but go Sat & Sun for the Heritage race & also Div 7 race. Those are the 2 best races for me.

Chris, I'm just a spectator. If you see a guy with gray hair & gray mustache & goat & a big floppy hat, that's me. During the national event, I only go on Friday, but go Sat & Sun for the Heritage race & also Div 7 race. Those are the 2 best races for me.
I hope the new manager well, they need some sort of suggestion box. We go every year to the national to party in the motorhome pits, the race track is not good for spectators, the reserve area is set up so that you really can't see anything once everybody stands up, the big screen is set up so it is directly in line with the stands and is almost impossible to see, they really need to move it somewhere better, we go to party mostly, race is secondary

If that place was anywhere else off the reservation and run properly it would be a $$$$ maker.
With the lake, off-road, road course and drag strip. What else could a gear head want.

I heard that her "experience" was in concessions, [food, beverage, etc.] I hope they are wrong!

A great track needs a good "racer oriented" manager!

If that place was anywhere else off the reservation and run properly it would be a $$$$ maker.
With the lake, off-road, road course and drag strip. What else could a gear head want.
Bingo. I.e. the offroad track is only used about 4 times a year for Lucas Oil national and regional races, I have no idea why we haven't opened it up to something like a local dirt bike organization, or possibly something bigger.

Bingo. I.e. the offroad track is only used about 4 times a year for Lucas Oil national and regional races, I have no idea why we haven't opened it up to something like a local dirt bike organization, or possibly something bigger.

Back around 2008 in the area of the old concert pavilion they had a MX track. My daughter practiced on
It a few times.

I'm planning on attending the 2018 National event and the LODRS race the week after. I hope things are running smoothly when I get there!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back