Whoah; a jump 10 spots up in the field (impressive, eh?) (1 Viewer)

BaldyLochs

Nitro Member
Nobody can discount the final qualifying effort of the Kalitta Air Toyota crew!
Have to hand it to my boys....Tom, Phil, Andy, John, "The Mikes"... the driver - and of course to Grandpa, for pulling THAT rabbit out of the hat in the last session.

Every so often we see these stellar runs by this team.... these guys have won so many wallys - AND CHAMPIONSHIPS.... everyone knows they're WAAAY under performing this year with the flopper.
Go get em' boys!

Man, I don't know if I'd say they all the sudden "found" something. It's just like I said - every now & then that thing hits - and when it does, we see these little glimpses of how good they really can be. I feel bad for them because they've beaten thier heads against the wall so many times trying to make the transition from being a contender Top Fuel team, to being a Funny Car team that literally sometimes is happy just to make the race on Sunday. Keep in mind, they share the same race shop with 3 dragsters who tend to steal the limelight. Lord knows they know how to win. These are more or less the same guys who crew'd last year for the Jesse James Top Fueler.... I guess it's gonna' just take time to get that thing in shape... a LONG time.
And Scott has really been great through all of this - he keeps his guys pumped up and keeps them positive. His Dad is doing a great job too - calling the shots on a Dragster AND a Funny Car. THAT'S gotta' be rough.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back