Whiteley looking for solid outing to end season (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]POMONA, Calif. – NHRA Top Alcohol Dragster driver Jim Whiteley and his YNot Racing team are looking to have a solid outing to end a career season at this weekend’s Auto Club Finals at Auto Club Raceway in Pomona, Calif. Whiteley enters the event ranked second nationally after finishing fourth last season.

Whiteley, from Grand Junction, Colo., also hopes to rebound from a disappointing outing last weekend at the Division 7 closer in Las Vegas.

“With the championship hunt over, we’re out here trying to have a solid outing and have a good time,” said Whiteley. “We had a few things bite us in Vegas and put us behind the eight ball. We can’t get too complacent because Marty Thacker is a legitimate shot to overtake us in second place.

“It was a fun battle for the championship, but we have our eye on 2009,” Whiteley continued. “I have a great team behind me that made this year possible. They make my job as the driver a lot easier. Any time you finish the year strong, it gives you a boost of confidence over the offseason.”

Qualifying begins on Thursday for the alcohol cars, with two more sessions on Friday. Eliminations begin with round one on Saturday and final eliminations will conclude the event on Sunday.

For more information on the team, visit their website at The Home of Y Not Racing - Home

Attachments

• whiteley_pomona21.jpg
    whiteley_pomona21.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 384
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back