Where did Langdon's blower pulley end up? (1 Viewer)

Nitro Member
For those that missed it: near the end of his qualifying pass the top pulley came off and hit the ground to the right of his car spinning at an ungodly RPM and then seemingly launched into orbit over his car and to the left. Did anybody/anything get hit by it?

Last edited:
I asked Mark Rebilas on FB and he said it hit a tall chain link fence that separates the return road from the stands and it went into the grass "after a Safety Safari crew member had to literally dodge it!"

10371675_782414021778404_6891549014597239026_n.jpg

Look closely at the center of the image to see the metal blower pulley off the car of Shawn Langdon flying through the air prior to hitting the chain link fence and bouncing back as a eagle eyed member of the NHRA Safety Safari actually had to dodge the debris!

Yikes. I remember several years back in St. Louie when one of the lesser funded teams {I think it was the Stevens family} blew up on the first qualifying run on Friday night. Two couples had just sat down near me when one guy was holding his arm. I didn't see what it was but a softball sized hunk of metal got him pretty good. The NHRA officials herded him out of there as quickly & quietly as possible.

And who can forget the Antron Brown Phoenix crash when the flying rear tire actually hit and killed someone!

And who could forget that the Safety Safari could not be bothered to help.

I thought Safety Safari was only beholden to what happens on track for competitors? The rest of the facility normally hires in fire/safety/ambulances/police etc, which in the case of Firebird/Wild Horse is the local Indian Tribe? In Antron's case, the Safety Safari responded to his crash on track ... And that tire wound up a long way away from there.

In any event, bad deal all the way around.

I thought Safety Safari was only beholden to what happens on track for competitors? The rest of the facility normally hires in fire/safety/ambulances/police etc, which in the case of Firebird/Wild Horse is the local Indian Tribe? In Antron's case, the Safety Safari responded to his crash on track ... And that tire wound up a long way away from there.

In any event, bad deal all the way around.
The Safety Safari was ask for help. The three choices they had were help, relay the call for help to those that could help, or do what they did, nothing.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back