What's Up With IHRA For 2011? (1 Viewer)

The IHRA (or anyone else) could do a better job of running the facility than the NHRA did for national events. I'm optimistic that the current owners will turn things around.

well another one joins epping jumping the sinking ship;

Toronto Motorsports Park Named to NHRA Member Track List

Plus it seems like the first nitrojam of 2011 is gonna only have 2 top fuelers Lagana and Litton and 2 pro fuelers Evans and Manners. I wonder if it's gotten that bad where only 2 top fuel and pro fuel cars at an event making it a non-points match race show :rolleyes:

Did you forget Toronto was AHRA last year they weren't IHRA. Also It was already planned to only have 2 Top Fuelers. Pro Fuel will have 4 cars at Palm Beach Evans, Manners, Samsel and Smallwood. Oh yeah they also added 4 Fuel Altereds and 4 Nitro Harleys.

Did you forget Toronto was AHRA last year they weren't IHRA. Also It was already planned to only have 2 Top Fuelers. Pro Fuel will have 4 cars at Palm Beach Evans, Manners, Samsel and Smallwood. Oh yeah they also added 4 Fuel Altereds and 4 Nitro Harleys.

AHRA? I forgot that even existed last year, or I guess it was just a case of nobody caring.

AHRA? I forgot that even existed last year, or I guess it was just a case of nobody caring.

If nobody cares then why did you make such a big deal when you thought they were jumping ship? Maybe you can remember back to 2009 when IHRA pulled the national event from them because of the track's non effort in making the improvements asked of them?

Why do you think it is a sinking ship? More lack of knowledge?

Toronto, (Cayuga) is just returning to NHRA after a few year's hiatus.

Having grown up in Western NY, I can tell you that Cayuga has been with NHRA throughout the majority of it's existence.

I would not take joy from the death throws of any facility or sancioning body !

That said I enjoyed IHRA when they were in their hey day and even though its hard times for fans, racers and tracks they still have a large grassroots following and if things turn around they will be back.

I haven't found a Drag Race I didn't like ! Some just better than others ! :D

Toronto, (Cayuga) is just returning to NHRA after a few year's hiatus.

Having grown up in Western NY, I can tell you that Cayuga has been with NHRA throughout the majority of it's existence.

Yes, early years 1967 through 1991 it was NHRA. In 1992 it went IHRA thru 1997. Returned to IHRA again in 2001 thru 2009. And the IHRA "National" event was pulled before it happened in 2008...I was the last to win in my class there at a National in 2007. Loved racing there...but....yes, things needed done. :( -- sad to see the event go...I haven't been back since '07.

Yes, early years 1967 through 1991 it was NHRA. In 1992 it went IHRA thru 1997. Returned to IHRA again in 2001 thru 2009. And the IHRA "National" event was pulled before it happened in 2008...I was the last to win in my class there at a National in 2007. Loved racing there...but....yes, things needed done. :( -- sad to see the event go...I haven't been back since '07.

used to go there for the NHRA points races years ago, what a long miserable ride that was. it used to be one of the first points races of the season so the track had not recovered from the effects of a Canadian winter. im talking every pipe in every restroom broken due to freezing, and worst of all. a short concrete launch pad that was frost heaved a full inch at the transition. And boy do those fans like to drink, We almost came to fisticuffs with the drunks while towing up the return road along the north fence. I am absolutely certain they have had to come a long way. As this was the early eighties.

used to go there for the NHRA points races years ago, what a long miserable ride that was. it used to be one of the first points races of the season so the track had not recovered from the effects of a Canadian winter. im talking every pipe in every restroom broken due to freezing, and worst of all. a short concrete launch pad that was frost heaved a full inch at the transition. And boy do those fans like to drink, We almost came to fisticuffs with the drunks while towing up the return road along the north fence. I am absolutely certain they have had to come a long way. As this was the early eighties.

I worked a points race there for Darwin Doll/NED and didn't see such problems. Further, friends & I used to go there for their regular Saturday night meets and saw some great drag racing.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back