What really happened with Rickie Smith... (1 Viewer)

Well, look who is on the outside, looking in after day one.

Truly unfortunate for everyone involved. Especially Brogdon, who would have gained alot for his set-up if Ricky was there.

I love guys like hiim who are not afraid to tell it like it is. In this day of political correctness, that is a breath of fresh air. Good luck in 07, Ricky.

Could this have anything to do with the way last season's deal with Schumacher and Ricky panned out? Hmmmmm. Maybe not but it makes one think.

Bummers, from what I heard about Rodger's first pass, he would have really benefitted from Rickie's set up. ]

I feel bad for Rickie, but I also feel bad for Brogdon.

It's too bad.... I was really hoping to see what Rickie could do with a Mopar. :mad:

Amanda, let your father know that a lot of us are pulling for him and really want to see him back!

Last edited:
Rogers first pass was a 6.67 @ 197 ?? That must be a typo on NHRA's site. They have him in at #5 qualifier.

Back to the topic. I like Ricky and Larry Morgans no B.S interviews. Sick of tired of politically correct sugar coated responses now-a-days.

Rodger's pass WAS 6.67 @ 197. Had the chutes out WAY early.

Remember Jason Line @ Colombus at his first race on that short track?
Same scenario, just making sure the chutes get out on another short track.

Now with a lap down the track and a feel for the top end, keep an eye out today, might get interesting.

Unk

After reading that, I'd say they should have called Haas hand, went ahead with their arrangement, and forced hHaas to go public and pull Enders deal. Let him be the one doing the "Splainin" as to the why's and wherefores. JMHO

Yeah that's true....but I gotta commend Ricky on backing out so he wouldn't cause a problem with someone else's program. Class move even though a unfortunate one for Brogdon.

Bringing Erica's car into the deal is a really shickenshit thing to do. I think Jerry will lose alot more customers by this stunt than he would had Smith tuned brogdon's car

Sheeesh... Sounds like Haas is holding a grudge over ONE lost customer.

I agree. I'm sure Rickie is a very influential person in the pits, but I don't think he's going to put Haas out of business by getting every racer to jump ship and buy a Bickel chassis. Haas should have welcomed him, kissed him behind the ear and tried to steal him back from Bickel.

You know, there are always two sides to every story, except on nitromater. I would like to hear Jerry Haas' explanation before I form an opininon, but that's just the way I am.

Just got back to the hotel and figured I'd check in.....Saw this post about the Rickie Smith deal...sad...Rickie Smith is IHRA @ its best, a real racer dedicated to winning.......Jerry Haas is a real car builder dedicated to winning....wish this situation could of stayed behind the scenes like alot of stuff that happens in every vocation......But those w/ really loose lips will never be trusted again and in this case someone sank the boat on inside info and chose to make it public...too bad for some....I am helping a fuel car doing clutch maintenance this weekend and went by to see Kevin w/ JFR and the tempers are HOT w/ that camp....our pipe is solidly in the field....if most of you/us could see these personalities @ their finest you'd never cheer for them anymore...too much drama for an awesome way too make a living...very few camps have big smiles.....Things have changed ( mainly egos) soooo much since I first go involved in 1982...

Jeez Terry..you always relate some story that things aren't what they're perceived to be..pfft. Damn..these are human beings for crying out loud..with feelings and emotions..and you don't think the Mater can handle the actual truth..you need to get off the 'TOO BAD YOU DON'T KNOW' horse and just be a practicing member of this outfit. Just pisses me off when every other post of yours is one of nonchalance because we really don't know the inside of what is really going on. I could give a rat's butt myself. I know enough to keep me happy.

So now it's loose lips..Rickie's the bad guy here now? Seems to me that Haas using Erica as the slam dunk put the sh!t on it. Well..maybe Haas man can do a little rebuttal and set the record straight(er)..that's if you don't give it to us first.

Dave...I really do not know the scoop on the Haas deal...that group (P/S) is usually very quiet and stays away from the blower groups...in fact the pro stock guys look down on the blown alcohol/fuel teams in regards to engine building.
They think anyone can turn up/down the wick w/ a blower (which is kind of true) and I for one think pro stock is the toughest class out there in the pro ranks.....look @ S/G or S/C, those racers are right on...just about every pass...I was just viewing my thoughts and I feel for the situation but we have all been/or will be duped in life and to share it w/ the general public when you are in the entertainment industry does not score points/confidence w/ your peers...

Things are usually always different than they are perceived. But I don't think we'd be scared away if we knew the real truth about the people in this sport.

But I hear ya Terry..

Good luck this weekend.

I gotta' tell ya', this is really a bummer to hear about Haas.

Several years ago during Indy, when the Pro Stock Trucks were still around, we were pitted about 100 yards down from Haas. We were having some issues with our S/G Cutlass, which was a Haas car (But to his credit, he never asked). I went down there to just ask some advice, and he crawled out from under the truck and walked down to our car and dialed us right in. He even went to the starting line the next pass to make sure it was right. But the real bummer to me is that it appears that Jerry is holding a grudge over a decision that he himself made.

Like someone said before, there are two sides to every story (actually three). It will be interesting to see how this all pans out when it's over.

Sean D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back