What is the deal with Atco? (1 Viewer)

Redueing the track surface I believe and trying to get it perfect
That's bullshit. The real reason is that Lucas Oil, who sponsors the series, pulled out because of the law suit that Karen Stalba, who's sponsored by Lucas, has with the track. Atco's owner has made a lot of enemy's with the racers as he's banned over 20 racers from the track after they participated in a Zoom hearing asking the local Govt. to turn down the IAA proposal. The track owner is looking to get a big payday and doesn't give a shit about anything or anybody except himself.

I guess I'll be banned too after he reads this...

That's bullshit. The real reason is that Lucas Oil, who sponsors the series, pulled out because of the law suit that Karen Stalba, who's sponsored by Lucas, has with the track. Atco's owner has made a lot of enemy's with the racers as he's banned over 20 racers from the track after they participated in a Zoom hearing asking the local Govt. to turn down the IAA proposal. The track owner is looking to get a big payday and doesn't give a shit about anything or anybody except himself.

I guess I'll be banned too after he reads this...
Unfortunately that’s the way it is with private property, I hope it stays a dragstrip, nobody has the right to judge anybody’s choice of what they do with there stuff, just my 2 cents, no disrespect bob, I’m tired of seeing track’s being turned into car storage too

Unfortunately that’s the way it is with private property, I hope it stays a dragstrip, nobody has the right to judge anybody’s choice of what they do with there stuff, just my 2 cents, no disrespect bob, I’m tired of seeing track’s being turned into car storage too
I wouldnt be surprised if maple grove is soon to be next to go??

There is a lot of land around ATCO also but I think that they are looking for finished areas so that they can set up immediately.

You mean like how IAA paid the owners of E-town millions to turn the dragstrip into a parking lot then never stored a single vehicle there? It's almost as if "IAA" is a front for NIMBYS who hate "noise" just to give track owners money to close and not race there.

You mean like how IAA paid the owners of E-town millions to turn the dragstrip into a parking lot then never stored a single vehicle there? It's almost as if "IAA" is a front for NIMBYS who hate "noise" just to give track owners money to close and not race there.
Makes you wonder what is really going on, I don’t know what or how money laundering works, just a thought, super shops was doing that with drag racing

Really? Super Shops was a money laundering business? Wow, never had heard that. I think even Garlits had a Super Shops sponsorship at one time.

Really? Super Shops was a money laundering business? Wow, never had heard that. I think even Garlits had a Super Shops sponsorship at one time.
That’s why it disappeared so quickly, that being said I will see if I can verify that with some facts

That’s why it disappeared so quickly, that being said I will see if I can verify that with some facts
I was told that by some pretty well know pro racers of that time. According to what I find on searches that it was the bad decisions of the owner that caused the quick demise of the shops, should have done more research before posting, if I offended any one I apologize

I was told that by some pretty well know pro racers of that time. According to what I find on searches that it was the bad decisions of the owner that caused the quick demise of the shops, should have done more research before posting, if I offended any one I apologize

I remember hearing about Super Shops in 90's going down the drain. So I looked at some of my old Drag Rags from
back in the 90's. This is all I could find. Super Shops had 165 stores which operated from 1963 to 1997. The chain was
founded by Harry Eberlin. The corporation went out of business in 1997 due to financial dept.
In the early 90's Eberlin bought some land in La Jolla, CA and started building this 50,000 sq. ft. "mansion" The
unfinished house was sold in 1998. Eberlin moved to Reno, NV
1627754049580.png

1627754122241.png

1627754233657.png

The late Pat Foster in the seat AA/FC
1627754327093.png

This one with Ed "The Ace" McCulloch in the seat. Nitro burning Plymouth Arrow body flopper
1627754613733.png

Big Daddy AA/FD
1627754854668.png

Eddie Hill AA/FD

Last edited:
There's more than 2,000 cars parked at E'town currently.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back