What body will Wilkerson run next year? (1 Viewer)

turbo ken

Nitro Member
I wonder if Tasca will still help Wilkerson with Mustang bodies next year if a new manufacturer doesn't step in. If not will it be a Dodge, or a Toy?

What about the JFR engine program? Bob uses a BOSS 500, but if Ford is pulling out of the pro ranks, will the engine program go with it? Wilk doesn't have this problem, he was left out of the BOSS 500 program and runs TFX.

I know this seems off topic, but it is somewhat germane because it would be really off to have a Ford branded engine with a Toyota or Dodge body. Then again, Ford might relinquish the engine program and JFR will start marketing their engines. I doubt this, though.

There's nothing about the BOSS 500 that's Ford, just the decals and blue paint.

My guess is Wilk will stick with the Mustang. He's already paid for them so why spend the money? Unless someone is going to pay him to run another.

Why would Wilkerson spend money to buy some kind of other body when he already has a bunch of Mustangs??
People read way too much into this Boss 500 engine. It's a JFR Engine, and that Boss 500 stuff was just marketing.

I know that. It's just a slightly redesigned TFX. But given the branding, I woukd think it odd to have one branded engine and another branded body. Unless Gord bows out of the engine program at JFR, I see JFR and Tasca switching to TFX.

Back to the original topic, I see all current Ford bodied teams sticking with Ford.

I don't think Wilk has a bunch of Mustangs, probably has just 2. I doubt JFR will dump their own in house engine program for something else when all they have to do is change the valve covers. And, I would imagine Tasca will use what he already has until other factors determine it necessary for new parts.

I know that. It's just a slightly redesigned TFX. But given the branding, I woukd think it odd to have one branded engine and another branded body. Unless Gord bows out of the engine program at JFR, I see JFR and Tasca switching to TFX.

Back to the original topic, I see all current Ford bodied teams sticking with Ford.
Why would Force switch when he makes his own blocks?? He is gonna buy them from someone instead of running ones they make? He is going to run the exact same stuff without the Ford / boss 500 branding. It's all the same stuff, it all enterchanges. You could put AJ heads on a JFR block and vice versa. Changing the engine program will be as simple as a decal removal.

On the Ford Boss 500, just yank the those stickers off the valve covers, change the block, and heads a little bit on the CNC programming, and presto they are JFR engines. Another interesting thing is the NHRA approved intake manifolds for next year. They can only run a AJPE stage 3 intake, or the JFR intake.

Why would Force switch when he makes his own blocks?? He is gonna buy them from someone instead of running ones they make? He is going to run the exact same stuff without the Ford / boss 500 branding. It's all the same stuff, it all enterchanges. You could put AJ heads on a JFR block and vice versa. Changing the engine program will be as simple as a decal removal.

Yes, it is simple to change decals, but given Ford's investment in R&D (bet you anything they used a finite element analysis simulation in the design with more investment in software and analysis than JFR would spend and have expertise for), they might not want to relinquish the branding. That was the gist of my point.

There's only one person out there with the means that could properly develop a new 2015 Mustang, but Connie's teams race Toyota's. Outside of that, there's no one left unless Ford steps up to the plate and makes one on their own like Dodge does you won't see a new Mustang anytime soon.

What body will Force run next year - not a Ford but he said it would be an American brand. Sooooo that leaves him with a Dodge or GM product. The Dodge, at this time, belongs to DSR. Sooooo that leaves GM. Will be interesting. Maybe a Camaro or a Vette. With the time it takes to develop a body and secrets are hard to keep I'am surprised that JFR's new brand has not leaked out yet.

It was clutch, and blower parts according to Tasca, doesn't DSR use TFX blocks? if so he didn't need to go to DSR for them.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back