Wanna fly for Kalitta? (1 Viewer)

could be best appearing car at seattle......wasn't this livery used on FC and TF at recent convention? or was it just the FC?
23rd to 13th largest cargo carrier......wow, that's saying something ...... wonder if new 777's are cargo built new? or converted passenger?
maybe a little of both? ......... often use filter on flightradar24 to see where the planes are.

Last edited:
could be best appearing car at seattle......wasn't this livery used on FC and TF at recent convention? or was it just the FC?
23rd to 13th largest cargo carrier......wow, that's saying something ...... wonder if new 777's are cargo built new? or converted passenger?
often use filter on flightradar24 to see where the planes are.
I think most of his planes are converted passenger planes. With his facilities he can convert and maintain used planes he can buy way cheaper.

You woul be amazed at how old some fleet planes are. 30 years old is no big deal. We have 2 AZ Air Nat'l Guard planes at Sky Harbor. One is 65 years old, the other 61. Big old planes like we had when I was in USAF in 1960's.

Kalitta Air bought 100 parked 747's at an auction in Mojave CA quite a few years back. I think they repaired and flew about forty of them out of there to be sold or used. The rest they dissasembled and either stockpiled parts or sold parts. I believe there are still some (or pieces that you can see from Hwy 14). I was told that they have the largest inventory of used 747 parts in the world.

I would in a heartbeat! I’ve got my commercial and multi engine pilots license…just don’t have many flight hours 😞

How many hours do you need to fly for Kalitta? I would think Kalitta flies some twin engined prop aircraft for short haul, etc. We have small companies that fly out of Sky Harbor and they use single engined and twin engined prop jobs. Saw a single engine prop with FedEx logo. Lotsa small airports ("no tower") in small towns that have no commercial aircraft, but do have small cargo planes that use the facility. Seat time.....

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back