Very shocking (1 Viewer)

This video shows a pair of top fuel motorcycles racing. One of the riders has a plug break and short out and the mag is putting 44 amps thru the handlebars, and right thru the riders arms.

Check out how he deals with it.

hogan_shock_multi.flv - Video - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Hope the link works

Jay,

Link works fine. I didn't hear about Hogan coming off, how's he doing?

I still say no fuel bike has had better header flames then Elmer's!

Thanks for posting that.

Mike

I still say these guys are nuts. The most amazing run I have ever seen was Larry "Spiderman" McBride at Houston several years ago when he was the first in the fives. He carried the wheels to 1000ft and had a flame about 3 ft shooting out. It was awesome.

They run them both ways. I know the top fuel bike, like McBride is blown, but the series IHRA used to run, was injected only.

Wow..what a description..that is nasty...coming off the bike at that speed!

Isn't there something on the grip they could put..ya know like some grip that wasn't conducive to the current..just wondering.

Glad he's ok..

That guy can WRITE.....yeah, RIDE too.....

DAMN! That is simply amazing.

In a world where one is used to the "Smokey The Biker" (from one of the Geico ads) stereotype, I continue to be amazed by the bike riders.
I've said it before but, to a person they are terrific ambassadors for our sport. Approachable, articulate, enthusiastic - They're all on a championship mission.
What a pleasure to "meet" this fellow!:cool:

V-twin combo's,,, aka nitro harley or top fuel harley are mainly unblown/injected.. sorta like a two wheel a/fuel dragster. across the pond they run both blown and unblown together,, displacement is different depending on the combo.

The 4 cyl bikes like McBride and the late Elmer,,,are blown. and they get to use more bells and whistles than their 4 wheeled counterparts. Enough techi stuff on them to get Jim Head's interest.

V-twin combo's,,, aka nitro harley or top fuel harley are mainly unblown/injected.. sorta like a two wheel a/fuel dragster. across the pond they run both blown and unblown together,, displacement is different depending on the combo.

The 4 cyl bikes like McBride and the late Elmer,,,are blown. and they get to use more bells and whistles than their 4 wheeled counterparts. Enough techi stuff on them to get Jim Head's interest.

Yep, and Jim Head was a good friend of Elmer's, I always liked how he had the Trett's speed and custom on the side of his cars :)

I talked with Larry McBride back at Indy like 5 years ago. He said making a low 6 sec. run itself is easy, it's stopping that's the problem! All that weight goes to that front tire, and if you don't have plenty of shutdown or jump on it too hard it can get dicey!

Are the stands that empty because of the weather? I haven't seen the Top Fuel bikes since the 80's but did catch some great TFH racing when they were running with the IHRA. Folks, if these things come within 100 miles of you ..... GO SEE THEM!! :eek: Truely a jaw dropping experience. Glad to see this young man's OK and looking forward to racing again.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back