Unk's a proud Dad (1 Viewer)

Professor Dave

Nitro Member
This was part of a thank you note that Unk sent to Chuck Norton and posted on classracer.com

"Sorry it's taken few days to post. Once I was out @ Pomona I rushed home to accompany my daughter on an official NCAA recruiting trip to Kansas State University where we spent a couple of days on a campus recruiting trip that culminated with her signing her NCAA National Letter of Intent to join the KSU Equestrian team next year. Had to visit with all the different departments to find out how much they wanted her and begin making the all of the necessary arrangements for next year."

Congrats to Unk and his daughter-he told me she has been admitted into the Honors Program (she's both an athlete and a brain) with a double major in Psychology and Child Advocacy and wants to go to Harvard Law when her undergrad days are done.

congrats Unk. You should be very proud. I hope for her that all her dreams and desires come true. I had no idea KState had an equestrian program. Imagine that!! Good for her especially with the academics too.
Lori

Thanks everyone,

KSU is one of 30 NCAA Equestrian programs in the country, 13 of which are Division 1 schools (Texas A & M, Georgia, Alabama, University of South Carolina, OSU, KSU, Baylor, etc....)

Kansas State will be breaking ground on a new Equestrian Center next year and Whitney should be able to compete with the team in the new center her junior and senior years.

Working all the races these past years to pay for her horse & competition is finally paying off, that and her 3.91 GPA....

Whew!

Unk

Bob, first off congrats.

Now, having bunked with you in years past, it's clear to me that she does not get her good looks, or obvious smarts from you.

That leaves the horse riding skills. Now I did peek into your suitcase one day and see the cowboy hat, kerchief, and toy 6-shooters. Frankly, I almost called security that day and always slept with one eye open when we were sharing the same digs on the road after that (especially at the Canadian races). Then I remembered that your daughter was one hell of an equestrian and convinced myself it was just training material. I was either right about that or you drugged me. :D

Seriously dude, congrats. Being in category of "new dad" myself I feel so much pride when my 2-year old does something neat or when my one week old does not powerwash my shirt with his tummy contents. I can only imagine how good it feels to see the collective hard work of your family pay off.

She's obviously got a great mom and dad who have done everything in their power to support her and she has taken full advantage of the opportunities granted her. That's a sign of great work on both sides.

I'm psyched for you man.

Brian

Brian,
First off, drug YOU?!,
Dude, you always seemed to be pretty well self medicated when I was around, how else would one explain those weird tangents you went off on.........:rolleyes:

Secondly, those six shooters, hat and kerchief were for the bank jobs I never got to pull 'cause we were always running too late into the evening for me to get away........ :cool:

Luckily she got her looks from her mom, the smarts were either a generational "skip" thing or the UPS dude was a real underachiever.....:eek:

Glad you responded to my email after the birth last week.....:p

Hope all is well on your end, I've got Freiburgers Junkyard saved and will be checking in on you from time to time...

Unk

Thanks everyone,

KSU is one of 30 NCAA Equestrian programs in the country, 13 of which are Division 1 schools (Texas A & M, Georgia, Alabama, University of South Carolina, OSU, KSU, Baylor, etc....)

Kansas State will be breaking ground on a new Equestrian Center next year and Whitney should be able to compete with the team in the new center her junior and senior years.

Working all the races these past years to pay for her horse & competition is finally paying off, that and her 3.91 GPA....

Whew!

Unk

Unk,

I will try to not hold it against you that your daughter is going to be a K-State Wildcat. I am trying very hard.

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK,
Jeremy

Jeremy,

It's OK, KSU offered $$$$ to have her attend...KU didn't.:)

KSU has horses, KU only has some type of weird bird.:D

Any school that chants about rocks and chalk, well, you gotta wonder about sending your kid there anyway.......:rolleyes:

don't worry, I won't hold it against you......... much.:D

Unk

Unk, congrats! Now you will...err might have some extra spending cash for yourself. New comp car or something nice for you? Heck you could buy in to Reichert's seat!

I still owe you that big BBQ dinner for the internet and phone side road support crew position you held in the move back south with "Lil Red and the U-haul from hell" some years back. I haven't and won't ever forget that ordeal. I just need to buck up brave the elements above the Red River and do it. Normal people would drive 500 miles for BBQ right?:p

Bob:

Great to hear that your daughter is doing so well. I always wondered why the KSU fieldhouse had a dirt floor when I was there in 1969 for the NCAA regionals (GO DRAKE!). Mama Duck is smiling down on you for doing such a good job, Daddy.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back