Ultimate two wheel quarter mile record (1 Viewer)

Nick Name

Nitro Member
Just witnessed a new world record for two wheels this afternoon.

Frenchman Eric Tuebal on his hydrogren peroxide rocket motorcycle ran 5.12 et 264 mph at Bradenton Fl Manufacturers Cup motorcycle finals.

I believe it has been over 30 years since on of these rockets ran in the USA

An amazing pass. Eric is supposed make 2 additional passes today

Eric.jpg

Frenchman Eric Tuebal on his hydrogren peroxide rocket motorcycle ran 5.12 et 264 mph at Bradenton Fl Manufacturers Cup motorcycle finals.

Welch didn't need no stinking helmet or leathers tho.

Could you imagine a 4 second pass on a motorcycle? Holy crap!

Also I thought the rocket stuff was banned here in the U.S. or is that only in cars and not bikes?

That is a mind boggling pass. I just can't comprehend how fast that is on two wheels. Sure wish I could have seen it in person.

That's what I believe. For years there was no racing grade fuel available in th USA. Now, apparently it is available again.

Capt Jack was there with his 5 second go kart, all restored, and he told me he has fuel.

Eric purchased half a drum of Hydrogen peroxide 60% stabilized from X-L Space Systems in Wyoming for $2,500. An additional $305 was required for fees and shipping. So I guess it is available but I doubt we will see too many new rocket powered vehicles.
I know that The late Slamming Sammy Miller said the reason he moved his rocket powered Funny Car to Europe was availability of fuel.

Thought they were saying it was 89%. They didn't feel that it was as good as they make in Europe, and told the Man Cup officials they could probably run a 5.50 with it. The 5.12 caught them and everyone by surprise as it only does a 4 to 4.2 second burn.

Wow...speed seems rather low for a 5.12 doesn't it?

Joe I believe that's because he's actually slowing down by the 1320 mark. I have a very good friend, "Rocket" Rod Phelps who ran a rocket dragster and also a rocket FC in the early '80s, and the way you shut off a rocket car is by running out of fuel.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back