Two pair left ? (1 Viewer)

jap tin

Nitro Member
POMONA, Calif. - Mother Nature is not going to make this easy. Rain has closed in on the Pomona Fair Grounds and the Kragen O'Reilly Winternationals are on hold with two pairs left in round 1 of Top Fuel. The rain started as a drizzle but got hard enough that NHRA has sent the remaining cars back to their pit areas. We'll be back with updates to the schedule as soon as we get any information.
Does mean that they have run off some of the top fuel cars ? Any info on who is left in the first round or who has run ?

So far... Antron Brown, Mike Strausburg, Brandon Bernstein, Morgan Lucas, Steve Chrisman, and Doug Kalitta have all advanced in to round next!!!!:cool: If I am wrong-SOMEONE please CORRECT ME!!!!!:eek:

that's what I've got Kevin... just cory mac/ langdon and shoe/ cox left to run... 1 30 out there now... no sign of let up per alan about ten minutes ago...

d'kid

Ok, here is whatI just read on NHRA.Com. Hopefully it won't be much longer.:confused::confused:

SUNDAY

2 p.m. Rain has stopped, and blue sky is actually breaking through the clouds. The sun is actually shining (I know, shock, huh? Photo proof attached) on the track. No one's about to slather on sunscreen, but it's an uplifting moment. Track drying is underway, but we have no ETA for the return for the fuelers. Okay, before I could even post this, the sun went away. But for one moment there ...

3:30pm pst:D

The fuelers are warming up in the pits.
The ESPN cameras have been uncovered.
Major drying still going on, but no recent "Stuff"
Current air temp: 58 deg.
Current D.A. 1720ft.
Current track temp: 64 deg.

Maybe 30 minutes or so to go??:confused:

It will be interesting to see how long they will race given they have a 6pm curfew there. We might only see 2 rounds of racing today if they have to stop at 6.

I was told that they can run to 8p.m. pst, but the temperature is really dropping already!

BTW: Cory Mac and Langdon's cars are now out at the base of the tower and NHRA is spraying the track.

Soon?:confused:

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back