Tulsa Race Invite (1 Viewer)

Moritz Guy

Nitro Member
Hey we have a hospitality tent set up at the race. Nothing spectacular

I you need to sit down out of the sun or whatever.

Moritz Machine Shop tent located across the road from Jack Wyatt's trailer.

Identify yourself as a Mater or call me on my cell phone 918-269-8084

See ya there,

Ron

My fam and I were going to go up but with the weather and I had my 4 wisdom teeth pulled today we kinda pulled the plug on it, but thats awesome of you to do that. Wish I was there.

Well, I'm not going after all. I got up at 6:00 this morning, checked the weather, and decided against the trip. If it gets postponed until tomorrow I may still go.

Maybe it is all for the best since it looks like it may have been a one lane track today after the oil down last night.

It seems like May was never kind to the big races at Tulsa.

I remember many an AHRA national event in the mid to late 70's where we would come home with soaked socks and more memories of watching the endless parade of pit vehicles drying the track than of watching Garlits, Weibe, Hoover, etc.

Hey Wayne, stop being nostalgic, you are bringing a tear to my eye! :)

What was cool this weekend was watching the Greek go down the track. I think I have seen him make a pass at Tulsa now at least once in each of the past four decades...that is something. And the motor explosion and oildown wasn't any amateur version...it was balls to the wall all the way!

Yea, I think May-Indy-Tulsa=Rain... it just goes together.

I have been speculating over on the trp board on how to best rearrange the schedule with Mansfield/Budds Creek in the future! Ha, it would probably snow in June or September anyway. That is oklahoma weather for you...

Any and all of you that come back June 23rd, let's meet up at the track!

Matt

I have been speculating over on the trp board on how to best rearrange the schedule with Mansfield/Budds Creek in the future! Ha, it would probably snow in June or September anyway. That is oklahoma weather for you...

I don't believe that Mansfield wouldn't be a good "flip" for Tulsa in May for at least 2 reasons...

1) Look at the weather history for the 4 Nascar Truck races that have been run in the past 4 years at Mansfield Motorsports Park.

Tornado...Rain...Rain....Rain

Heck, they only turned out 15,000 for Saturday's race (and it was a televised Nascar event).

MMP's owner Mike Dzurilla was quoted in the Mansfield News Journal on Monday saying "I'm disappointed in the weather. Just once I'd like this thing to go off without any rain."

2) Oh yeah...there's that pesky problem of no drag strip there yet.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back