Track Safety (1 Viewer)

nitro-trucker

Nitro Member
Was safety forgotten when J R Todd won against Tony. A while back Hillary Will was severly critizised for useing both hands on the brake. Now they show J R standing in his car as it is still rolling down the racing surface. Is there not a rule against this.

Was safety forgotten when J R Todd won against Tony. A while back Hillary Will was severly critizised for useing both hands on the brake. Now they show J R standing in his car as it is still rolling down the racing surface. Is there not a rule against this.

There should be if there isnt already. I thought I remember NHRA a few years back stated the racers are not allowed to remove any safety equipment until after exiting the racing surfaced or the car has come to a complet stop on the track.

This crap goes on all the time. It depends on who you are and what level you're racing at, and I can share a personal experience that proves that out.

Sean D

Thanks for the link.
Now let me see if I got this right:

JR stands up letting go of controls endangering himself and others - he gets a letter.

DSR has wrong fuel in pit (NOT IN CAR) - he gets $$$100,000 fine.

Sean is right.

This goes on alot more than you know of, and it really should be policed more. I know they watch alot of the Super class cars. If I had loosened myself up at Charlotte, I might not be typing this. You never know what is going on in the other lane.

you think nhra would really get on someone in a car with LUCAS all over it. i mean come on.. just think what kind of fall out we would have. just imagine if anyone ever pissed off evan knoll and he left drag racing...... oooopppppss. my bad:eek:

Thanks for the link.
Now let me see if I got this right:

JR stands up letting go of controls endangering himself and others - he gets a letter.

DSR has wrong fuel in pit (NOT IN CAR) - he gets $$$100,000 fine.

Sean is right.

But NHRA gets to write a fat check to Don RE another TF Championship. I wonder if they will get writer's cramp?

It could be just me but isn't Jason Line taking his gloves off and throwing them at the in-car camera time and again during deceleration a little unsafe? We've all seen cars catch fire beyond the finish line.

you think nhra would really get on someone in a car with LUCAS all over it. i mean come on.. just think what kind of fall out we would have. just imagine if anyone ever pissed off evan knoll and he left drag racing...... oooopppppss. my bad:eek:

Evan Knoll didn't leave drag racing because he was po'd. Evan Knoll left drag racing because his massive ego wrote some checks that his bank account couldn't cash.

It could be just me but isn't Jason Line taking his gloves off and throwing them at the in-car camera time and again during deceleration a little unsafe? We've all seen cars catch fire beyond the finish line.

Greg Anderson always lifts his visor before the turn-off.

You'd think the guys with in-car cameras would be a little smarter than that!!!

:mad::mad::mad:

Let someone in Comp or S/C do that and they would be sittin out for a year or two. I paid close attention to in the in-car shots right after that "reminder" was posted, there were/are alot of pros who remove safety equipment before exiting the track. I don't know about now, but there used to be an official standing at the exits monitoring each driver as they exited the track.

The ONLY possible excuse for this is that this race was, by definition, the last race of the day, and there would not be a single other person behind him. The TF final is the very last thing of a national event.

But, that said, ugh, everyone here is right. Anyone does this and they'd be getting a whoopin' from the officials, no doubt.

OK, you noticed that I am a KB Racing fan,but Ithink gloves and visior are little different than standing in your car.

OK, you noticed that I am a KB Racing fan,but Ithink gloves and visior are little different than standing in your car.

If it ain't legal on a public Highway to drive without seat belts on, why even think it's okay in a car still rolling down the track...:confused:

d'kid

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back