Tough Break For Mike Edwards (1 Viewer)

Buns

Nitro Member
Feel sorry for Mike and the team. First, they DNQ in Pomona and now this problem with the tree or Rick Stewart (we'll never know).

It's unfortunate. I hope they have a big showing next time out.

Feel sorry for Mike and the team. First, they DNQ in Pomona and now this problem with the tree or Rick Stewart (we'll never know).

It's unfortunate. I hope they have a big showing next time out.
:eek: Please no ... not another Rick bashing. If you know and understand the Compulink Auto Start system, you know Rick has NOTHING to do with the the start of a race once he throws the switch during the staging process. What happens after that is driven by the system. Definitely looked as if the ambers came on and stayed on before any sign of Green. Unfortunate but ... might be a malfunction, might not. Regardless, don't try to hang this on Rick Stewart. :confused:

:eek: Please no ... not another Rick bashing. If you know and understand the Compulink Auto Start system, you know Rick has NOTHING to do with the the start of a race once he throws the switch during the staging process. What happens after that is driven by the system. Definitely looked as if the ambers came on and stayed on before any sign of Green. Unfortunate but ... might be a malfunction, might not. Regardless, don't try to hang this on Rick Stewart. :confused:

So if Rick Stewart doesnt do his job properly, we are not supposed to say anything and just let it go? He still has to flip the switch and if he doesnt do it on time, the results would be very similar.

BTW I am not saying it was Ricks fault, however it could have been, which makes it worth mentioning. Besides both drivers said it as well.

I'd like some clarification from Jeff Foster on this. I understand autostart quite well, thank you, just not at what point the starter's switch comes into play. If the starter doesn't flip their switch, wouldn't you have just exactly what happened? To wit:

- Switch is off
- Cars stage, all four pre- and stage lights come on
- Time passes, starter goes "oops", flips switch
- Autostart engages, and 0.8 to 1.2 seconds later the ambers go on followed .370 seconds later by the greens

Isn't this a possible scenario?

I'd like some clarification from Jeff Foster on this. I understand autostart quite well, thank you, just not at what point the starter's switch comes into play. If the starter doesn't flip their switch, wouldn't you have just exactly what happened? To wit:

- Switch is off
- Cars stage, all four pre- and stage lights come on
- Time passes, starter goes "oops", flips switch
- Autostart engages, and 0.8 to 1.2 seconds later the ambers go on followed .370 seconds later by the greens

Sounds VERY possible.

The hardest thing to take in this hold situation is Rick Steward is not being a stand up guy and saying hey guys I made mistake an I'm sorry. It is just ashamed that it had to go done that way. Real bummer. Another thing, Jeff if the amber stays on for more than 2.5 sec then their is human error or mechanical malfunction either way a re-run is justified. Like Mike said he was going to destroy a $100G because somebody screwed the pooch.

It's not only possible, the smart money says that's exactly what happened. Rick Stewart, like anyone else, is allowed a mistake once in a while. But the real mistake was not re-running the cars.

If that had been a Force-Hagen race, they would have wound up calling the Gainesville SWAT to the track....:eek:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back