Tony, Tony, Tony.... SMDH (1 Viewer)

yoda

Nitro Member
Pedregon's on the mic cheerleading towards his brother's cause becomes more obvious every week... 325 to 306 is close and "coming on"? Dude, Please...

Should be interesting to see what booth changes take place during the off season, as the Mumble and Stumble kids may have hit the point of ridiculousness being the televised voices of the sport.

TPed has struggled. I actually like the guy, but he’s not cut out for the booth. It’s a pipe dream, but I’d love to see Dunn back.

I would like to see Bruno take over the main broadcasting chores but I'm sure he's too busy with his own racing as well as his TV shows.
What's Dean Skuza up to these days? Get him and Gary Scelzi in the booth.

I like Dave over Tony, but I bet Bruno would take the gig if offered. The spot needs a tech knowledgable person.

I really liked Reiff as a pit reporter but not at all in the booth. The Tony, Tony, Tony comment had me more than shaking my head. I’m ashamed I even knew the reference,lol.

Tony Pedregon is doing a great job. He calls out all crew chief, drivers and staging antics when he sees them. He doesn't pull punches. If he has a family member on the track it's very obvious that there are going to be times when the driver in the other lane opposite his brother will warrant some criticism. When Cruz and team were struggling to make it down the track 5 races ago he was very quick to acknowledge the issues with the team and the car. Instead of glossing over the SnapOn cars issues he made it a point to say there were serious concerns.

Don't really care if Tony stays or not but definitely get rid of Dave Reiff. That guy makes so many mistakes it's a joke to call him an announcer. I'm also surprised that the NHRA can't find someone better for the awards ceremony. He is embarrassing with what he thinks is comedy.

I happened to catch the sportsman coverage of the Maple Grove event Sunday which was commentated by Alan, I believe, but not sure who was his partner. I thought they were a great team together - quick, witty, knowledgeable. Was very good. Was not impressed with Tony's comment a race or two ago referring to John Force deep staging that it equated to him being in a street fight and pulling your hair!

Tony would be a little more tolerable if he would slow down his speech a little.
He trips over so many words, so often, it makes his commentary hard to take.
With that said, he has gotten better since day one.

Don't get me started on Rieff and that growly thing he does trying to make things sound... whatever......

I happened to catch the sportsman coverage of the Maple Grove event Sunday which was commentated by Alan, I believe, but not sure who was his partner. I thought they were a great team together - quick, witty, knowledgeable. Was very good. Was not impressed with Tony's comment a race or two ago referring to John Force deep staging that it equated to him being in a street fight and pulling your hair!
The other part of the sportsman show team was Brian Lohnes. Very knowledgeable and factual. Like him a lot. Don't tell Alan (since he posts here), but he's quite good too
:)

I like Tony, but he's not really cut out for announcing. I frequently complain about Rieff being too cheerleader and too much "the women this or that," but I guess some fans might want/need that. But to me, you only need to be around drag racing for 2 minutes to get pumped about the action.... or to realize the difference between drag racing and other motorsports is that the women actually win.

Who would think Reiff was such a fan of early 90’s hip hop. Friday FS1 qualifying during the Antron interview. You cannot unhear things, lol.

Tony needs to go.
I disagree Tony is not my favorite ether but I respect him he gave me a fist bump one time after so long driving I think he still belongs in the seat yea Mike Dunn was better but Tony will get better, Show the guy some respect!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back