Tony Bartone crash (1 Viewer)

Just Paul

Nitro Member
I know Kenji San burnt a couple, but I don't think he ever rolled it over! JK

Glad Tony is ok, but man I would not want to face Big Jim!! :eek:

No chutes... Into the kitty litter on his lid... Walking and talking; car is under inspection

It was almost an awesome driving job. No chutes and instead of going straight into the sand he slid it sideways. It actually scrubbed off most of the speed and then when he hit the thick sand it rolled over and ended up on it's side. They thought damage was minimal. I wouldn't be too suprised to seem them make one session today. Here is a pic off of the Motel 6 screen.

Bartone 2 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Must have been a pretty good driving job by Tony. Hope they didn't trash that body although I'm sure the spoiler plates were badly tweaked. Will have to watch tonight's qualifying highlights to see what it all really looked like, but Chris thanks for the pic. NHRA.COM still does not have the qualifying notes posted but DRC does. Check their site out and you'll get the blow by blow on Funny Car Rd. 2.

I must not have been paying close enough attention to it during last night's qualifying but seeing it just now I can't believe how fast he was going when he pitched that thing sideways! :eek:

I must not have been paying close enough attention to it during last night's qualifying but seeing it just now I can't believe how fast he was going when he pitched that thing sideways! :eek:

if u are italiano it's a rule......gotta have you're onions sinched up at all times!! :cool::eek:;)

Man was he lucky that thing didn't bite when he pitched it sideways at that speed and tip over on the bitumen.

Pretty good job minimizing the damage.

Funny they showed Tolliver's crash about a half dozen times but never spoke a word of Bartone's...
I saw more of Bartone's than Toliver's in all of the coverage that I watched. Perhaps we just tuned in at different times, but I thought it was fair play.

DLB

I've never seen anybody slide a funny car that far and that fast before!!! Awesome driving job Tony!!! I think Capps was the last I can remember to slide one at the top end!

Yep...Ron's was a power-slide in TJ's berry body cuz they'd already burned up his green body that weekend. I still can't believe how fast he got out of that thing when it stopped! That was a tough year for Ron and fires!

That was just awesome. I'm amazed that the stones it took to yank the wheel at that speed actually fit under the body. My vote for driving job of the year so far.

Yep...Ron's was a power-slide in TJ's berry body cuz they'd already burned up his green body that weekend. I still can't believe how fast he got out of that thing when it stopped! That was a tough year for Ron and fires!

Are you talking about the time when the throttle got stuck?

Ron can just FLAT OUT DRIVE.... he is one of the best.

I remember when he went through that periods at Snakes where the thing was a rolling hand grenade literally lighting up every pass.

I still remember him climbing out of the top of it after one of those fires, and as it was sitting there, still burning throwing his gloves at it in disgust.

It takes some serious cajones to get in something that was lighting up as frequently as it was.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back