Today's ND Insider column (1 Viewer)

Al

Nitro Member
I always look forward to the weekly National Dragster Insider columns, brilliantly written by Phil Burgess. Today's column was quite a surprise. So glad Phil is going to be okay. His contributions to our beloved sport are tremendous. Get well soon my friend !
And Merry Christmas !

That's sure good to hear that it looks like he'll be OK.

Us men are notorious for ignoring health issues and warning signs, whether it's chest discomfort (heart), not getting a colonoscopy (colon cancer), issues related to the prostate (prostate cancer), etc. While diagnosing health issues is not an exact science (much like "My car is making a funny noise. What could it be?"), modern medicine can do wonders with early detection. If you don't feel right, and it persists for a few days, go to the doctor. Few people like going to the doctor ("What if he finds something?"), but if you have a problem, you want to know about it sooner than later. It beats dropping dead before your time.

Sounds very similar to my story except all 4 of mine were clogged 3 90% 1 80%. My luck was none were blocked on the heart so technically my heart is 100% never touched.
He should recover fine, he will feel amazingly different now that he has blood flow back.

I worked 30 years in hospitals before I retired in 2019. Saw a lot of people make it who would have died 50 years ago. I was a CPhT, certified pharmacy tech, when I retired. Phil got a big blessing in all this.

Phil is the guy who is generally ignored in an organization or sport, and then when he is gone, everyone walks around lamenting what an enormous contributor he was.

Take time today and reflect on Phil's gi-normous contribution to our beloved sport. Then, contact him and tell him how appreciated he is.

[email protected]

VERY well said Mark !!!
(and I did that yesterday)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back